• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 07:06:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 552
Total: 553

I love this

Started by LizStreithorst, May 18, 2013, 08:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I did  a wipe down of the tanks today.  I didn't do it last week. and with these shop lights I've put into service brown algae grows fast.  After scrub down there was a huge amount of stuff to suckrd up.  I came within a hair's breath of running out of aged water.  This is good.  I have another huge WS container that I have never had to use.  I want to have to use it.  It will mean that I've got it going on.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Super....that'll mean you got young'ns..... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Just worthless Angel babies.  I have fry from a Zebra pearlscale mutt crossed with a Half Black mutt.  They share the same grandparents.  I will just have to wait and see.  I selected what I considered my best Half Black mutt male and female and stuck them into a 20.  (I hate small tanks but a 20 was the largest tank I could give them)  It will be a good while before I have anything interesting going on with Discus

b125killer

For some reason I was thinking that you had Discus fry. I like to breed my angels in a 20 gallon. I think it's easier to do water changes on the smaller tank. I also have only successfully breed my angels once. Maybe they would do better in a bigger tank? 
Scott

Mugwump

I use 20's and 30's....anything smaller is a bit cramped and you'll have to move fry sooner..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

heck, if I had a choice I would breed everything in a 60 wide.