• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 09:37:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 762
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 754
Total: 754

Sunday grab it night...

Started by Mugwump, October 16, 2016, 05:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...we grabbed a couple corn dogs....it's been a semi-lazy day.....kinda...sorta... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I wanted to make this but after I read the recipe and saw that with the prep work and cooking and stirring that I had to eat the leftover red beans and rice.  It is very good but I had my heart set on broccoli cheese soup.  http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/10/broccoli-cheddar-cheese-soup-food-lab-recipe.html
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

wallace

Pork roast -- broccoli -- mashed taters. Its cooking.
Dan

LizStreithorst

Sounds good, Dan.  What kind of pork roast and how are you cooking it??

wallace

Just polished it off. I didn't cook it but I helped, when she (the cookstress) was out looking for a missing peacock I measured the temperature and turned off the oven. It was at 350 is all I know. It was our own pig from last year.
Dan

LizStreithorst

Not much of a recipe.  Pork roast of unknown cut, at 350 for an unknown amount of time, with unknown seasonings huh

Do you butcher your own pigs?  I've done young male goats.  It was not fun but I did it and cooked it and ate it.  I can't imagine doing a pig.  I love pork, but it has never been in me to slaughter a pig.  I took them to the sale and bought pork from the supermarket,  Shameful, but true.

wallace

LOL..  sorry that's all I know about the cooking part. My wife does most of the cooking because if it was up to me we would eat boring food.

We raise two pigs every year and slaughter a cow when the freezer runs out. I don't do the slaughtering, a guy comes out and takes care of that, then it goes to a local place where they butcher and package it.
Dan