• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 08:27:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 799
  • Online ever: 799
  • (Today at 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 567
Total: 567

Attempted GCCA registration

Started by Mugwump, August 30, 2013, 08:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Well, it's like this ...the server go BOOM.....site crashed..yada yada....I'm told that the registration for the Sept 22nd swap will be moved to next Friday Sept. 6th......same 'Bat time'...same 'Bat station'......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

That kind of sucked. I made sure to be all ready for it too.
Scott

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Yea i'm working on a few things. I should have the Pb zebra ready and a few guppies trios Maybe some plecos. I might sell off a few random adult angels.  I think Dan is selling off most of his fish. He's going back to reef tanks and Coral Propagating. 
Scott

Mugwump

Nice...I guess that Dan never resolved his water issues, huh?..too bad..Are you planning on bagging?..or setting up a tank,etc?? We have a ton of the blue coffee containers, great for holding bags/water when you're netting fish,etc....if you need any let me know..
Jon

b125killer

I'm not to sure what I'm going to do yet. I might do both if I can get electrical access. I like to set up the angels in a tank. and bag a few guppies and plecos.
Dan hasn't resolved the water issues. He has a neighbor that's on a different well with better water quality that he's been using for water changes. He's going to be setting up a 180 gallon reef tank soon. I'm not to sure what he's going to do for water on that. I guess he could buy it but that's going to be a chore carrying that much water to the basement.     
Scott

Frank The Plumber

It will crash again, 800 people trying to get 70 spots. Most people had multiple devices trying to get an advantage.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Mugwump

They added a room, so they'll have more than the usual 70 tables. It normally averages out to 85+...but I'll bet that it's closer to 100 this time...we'll see....
Jon

ilroost

Jon, what angels are you bringing? Thinking about setting up a tank and getting some.
Really depends on what else i see there.

Mugwump

Most likely some Koi, black veils, Gold ghost veils, some wild crosses, BN's, perhaps a pair or so??

Jon

wsantia1

It looks like this swap is going to be a mad house.  I'll be there but I don't have room to get any fish.  Wait,  I said that last time.  Maybe I'll pick up some supplies.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

ilroost

some wild crosses sound nice. But you know me and the african cichlids i go crazy like a kid in a candy store. Probably have all my money spent before i get to you. lol
Last swap i went to i wasn't going to buy any fish,just supplies. Before i left i had my styro full and had to set up 3 tanks when i got home. lol

Mugwump

Bring more coolers  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D..'be prepared'
Jon

sschind

They should add more spots.  If they sell out that quickly it could be a huge thing.  I suppose everyone wants in on the first show of the year though so they have to be careful about getting too big of a venue in case the other swaps are not as popular.  If they can add more space that is great, I just hope they don't start trying to cram more tables into the space they already have.

I hope all goes well for you guys, I was going to travel with Bob but I have a reptile swap in Madison (I think)
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

Mugwump

Quote from: sschind on September 05, 2013, 10:53:11 AM
They should add more spots.  If they sell out that quickly it could be a huge thing.  I suppose everyone wants in on the first show of the year though so they have to be careful about getting too big of a venue in case the other swaps are not as popular.  If they can add more space that is great, I just hope they don't start trying to cram more tables into the space they already have.

I hope all goes well for you guys, I was going to travel with Bob but I have a reptile swap in Madison (I think)

Hi Steve....good to hear from you. They did add another room, So I believe that they anticipated this time. And I agree, the first swap of the year, and the one right after Xmas are big draws. I really hope that the reptile swap is another date...it'd be good to see ya again...despite that F*$%#*'n Packer jersey.... :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Jon