• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 11:11:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 514
Total: 514

Bowl Show Question

Started by Ron Sower, May 23, 2013, 06:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Our club has started having bowl shows.  I believe they used to have them in the past and they were dropped and I don't know why. Start-up participation has been weak, so I put out a request for why members didn't show earlier today.  The two responses I got were basically the same....they had to come to the meeting or straight from work or something that really meant their fish would be in a bag for a long day.

How have you guys handled something like this in the past?  We have a very active club and a bunch of new members and I want to see them participating.

Any advice will probably help me help the bowl show committee chairman.
Thanks,
Ron
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Frank The Plumber

I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Mugwump

What time are your meetings? When Jan and I belonged to Edgebrook, years ago...we had a bowl show every other meeting...it was great...lots of kids involved too...If you have a decent prize(s) for winners, etc..and tally points for a yearly winner, more folks might chime in..??
Prizes were donated by LFS's and other members.....announce the prize ahead of time and you'll likely pull some more folks in...??...shows can be by category too...live bearer/egg layer/egg scatterers/Affrican/South American/etc....bring it up at a meeting and have the members choose these catagories...then they'll feel more committed to entering....have a show just for kids...yada yada....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels2

Most of the meetings start at 7:30 pm....

Ron Sower

Thanks guys and gals.  I'll pass some ideas on to the chairman.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron