• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 01:53:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 442
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 431
Total: 431

Coastal NC weather update

Started by Barb, October 03, 2015, 08:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Whew, sure glad it looks like the danged hurricane will stay out to sea. But we have had many days of rain, I guess about a foot here at our house.  No flooding in our new neighborhood, the ponds here get all the water funneled into them.  But other areas are flooding.  Not much rain today, some wind, but tomorrow lots more rain hits us, and clears out Monday afternoon.  Liz, sure wish you could get some of this water. 

All my new little angels from Jon and Liz are doing great!  I am an angelfish keeper again after a dry spell for awhile.
Barb

PaulineMi

So glad to hear you aren't experiencing flooding at your new house Barb. Stay high and dry and enjoy your little angels.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

It's very fortunate that the storm stayed out to sea....from what I'm reading, it would have been devastating had it headed inland anywhere....that was one nasty storm....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Still with us Jon.  It is still way south of us, off the SC coast.  We have strong winds now, lots of rain coming later, and I sure hope all the sodden soil will not let loose of the tree roots and then they uproot and come crashing down.  Our old house and 3 acre yard is full of huge trees...the next 24 hrs. will be quite a worry for me.
Barb

Mugwump

Grabs some candles in case you lose power.....or do you have a generator? ....you folks stay safe and keep us posted too...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

We are OK.  But rain and wind continue.  Lots of areas of our small city are underwater.  Two huge rivers meet in the downtown.  They are both badly flooded, lots of people in flood zones in eastern N C.  Our relative who lives on a small island on the coast is OK, she is 93, but her island is flooded, only the house is above water.  She is in a hotel with relatives now.  Our new house is in a new neighborhood with gutters and curbing that all drain to 5 big ponds full of ducks and fish.  But I worry about the yard mess awaiting me at the old house, still not sold, when the storm leaves us and I go there.  Sure am glad I gave my 6 huge Koi to another pond, at least I don't have to worry about them in an untended pond.  We do have a generator, gasoline, and plenty of flashlights, candles, etc.  And battery air pumps!
Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on October 05, 2015, 07:20:25 AM
We are OK.  But rain and wind continue.  Lots of areas of our small city are underwater.  Two huge rivers meet in the downtown.  They are both badly flooded, lots of people in flood zones in eastern N C.  Our relative who lives on a small island on the coast is OK, she is 93, but her island is flooded, only the house is above water.  She is in a hotel with relatives now.  Our new house is in a new neighborhood with gutters and curbing that all drain to 5 big ponds full of ducks and fish.  But I worry about the yard mess awaiting me at the old house, still not sold, when the storm leaves us and I go there.  Sure am glad I gave my 6 huge Koi to another pond, at least I don't have to worry about them in an untended pond.  We do have a generator, gasoline, and plenty of flashlights, candles, etc.  And battery air pumps!
Barb

Nice to hear that you're "weathering" the storm well. You planned well for these types of storms too  |^|

stay safe.... ;D
Jon