• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 11:19:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 427
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 345
Total: 346

Happy Anniversary, Jan...

Started by Mugwump, August 15, 2015, 06:30:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: big b on August 16, 2015, 02:07:38 PM
Quote from: Barb on August 16, 2015, 01:01:15 PMood luck to you in about 10 more years or so. 
Barb
Most likely about 5 years. Most people get married at around 19 because they are madly in love. Or so they think.

Ever think of joining up for the service?....Army ? Navy? Marines?......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

big b

Mugwump

Quote from: big b on August 16, 2015, 02:49:11 PM
Nope, I do not want to die.

You're not going to die....heck, join the Navy...see the world.........or even the U S Coast Guard....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

big b

Well I have always said this to my parent for a long time. I don't have enough time here on earth so I can't waste it. I will most likely have about 60 or 70 years here. I will use 19 years for school plus at the minimum 2 years for college but most likely about 4 or 6 years. And on top of that would be the navy if I would to go that direction. If I went with the navy then even more of my life would be spent up.

Mugwump

Quote from: big b on August 16, 2015, 03:03:57 PM
Well I have always said this to my parent for a long time. I don't have enough time here on earth so I can't waste it. I will most likely have about 60 or 70 years here. I will use 19 years for school plus at the minimum 2 years for college but most likely about 4 or 6 years. And on top of that would be the navy if I would to go that direction. If I went with the navy then even more of my life would be spent up.

Go Navy first, to pay for your school when you get out....plus the Navy has some awesome schools and you'd be getting paid while learning.....then there's the opportunity to see the world, and that's not wasting your time.....nada...that's enhancing your life....so many things to do and see....go to school/see the world/get paid for it too.....win..win..win.....
Jon

big b

Hmm, get paid you say? But how would I be in the navy?

Mugwump

Quote from: big b on August 16, 2015, 03:21:58 PM
Hmm, get paid you say? But how would I be in the navy?

All the armed forces have schools...the Navy electronic schools are superb......you start getting paid the day you enter basic training, and the pay rises along with your progress/rank as long as you're in the service. Aron, 'P4Angels' on here, retired after 20 yrs...and was still a young guy...he served on air craft carriers too....
I'm not saying that you should enlist, but you should explore the options that they offer too. Our oldest son was in the Army for over 4yrs...came out and went to college afterwards, and graduated. He's said many a time that he wouldn't trade those experiences for anything in the world. Barb is a retired service member ....I was in the service, as well as a few others here too. At very least, look at the Nat'l Guard....you take 6 mos training, paid...then serve locally on a weekend(s), plus a two week summer camp....and get paid, plus they'll pay for your school... 8) 
Jon

big b

Hmm that does sound good but I have 1 more little problem.... What about my fish? Would I have to give them up if I were to join. I would have to travel like you said.

Mugwump

Quote from: big b on August 16, 2015, 04:02:41 PM
Hmm that does sound good but I have 1 more little problem.... What about my fish? Would I have to give them up if I were to join. I would have to travel like you said.

It'll be a few years before you'll have to make that decision won't it..??......but it'll be easy to re-home them, and start again better when you get out and have the xtra cash too... 8)...   
Jon

big b

Rehome? Brian does not rehome. Brian keeps until death does up part. Also I don't want to have to cycle a tank ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!!!!

Mugwump

Quote from: big b on August 16, 2015, 04:14:12 PM
Rehome? Brian does not rehome. Brian keeps until death does up part. Also I don't want to have to cycle a tank ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!!!!

says the teenager with his whole life ahead of him...... 8)........3-5yrs, you'll be doing a lot of things differently... 8)
Jon

big b

Funny, That is actually the life expectancy of all of my fish. I have made my stocking plans around me going off to college, so non of them live over 5 years.

Mugwump

Quote from: big b on August 16, 2015, 05:02:10 PM
Funny, That is actually the life expectancy of all of my fish. I have made my stocking plans around me going off to college, so non of them live over 5 years.

...see....and a good plan it was too..... ;D
Jon

big b

Yeah. Life is a chess game to me, I am the king and I decide my faith. I am thinking ahead a dozen moves ahead at any given time.

Mugwump

Quote from: big b on August 16, 2015, 05:30:32 PM
Yeah. Life is a chess game to me, I am the king and I decide my faith. I am thinking ahead a dozen moves ahead at any given time.

Role playing, excellent.......................... 8)
Jon