• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 05:00:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 562
Total: 562

Thank You John Patakos

Started by LizStreithorst, December 26, 2015, 04:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

My Dolmathes are almost done.  I just pulled one out from the middle like you said and the rice needed more time, but the flavor was NOTHING LESS THAN WHAT I HAD BEEN CRAVING.

Tell me please...When you freeze these you freeze them in their liquid, right or wrong?  If you don't freeze them in their liquid, what do you do with the liquid.  Do you reduce it and pour it over them when you eat them?  The liquid tastes too good to waste huh

Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

They are so good.  They are my meal to day and I'm loving them.  Next time I'll add a bit more lemon juice.

I agree that they take a bit of time but the prep is mostly fun.  The rolling up was tedious at first, but as I saw them building up in the big pot it got to be fun.  And OMG, the fragrance...I'm going back now for 4 more.

LizStreithorst

I just finished thirds.  I very rarely eat like a pig.  I'm going to have desert, too.  It ain't Greek.  If I could I'd have Backlava.  I'll have to settle for a little slice of Nigella's Nutella cheese cake ;)

ilroost

Never had them before. Sounds like I need to try them

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on December 26, 2015, 08:46:37 PM
Never had them before. Sounds like I need to try them

...I think so too... |^|...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

John Patakos

glad they came out good for you Liz.
freeze them in just some of their juices..you don't want them submerged.
one time my daughter and i went out and picked about 5000 grape leaves from a couple of areas along the less traveled roads here...took them home and processed them and i packed and froze them.
the best leaves to pick are the wild ones.i found a spot where there were huge tender leaves so they made bigger dolma.picked the big dark green leaves and the tendrils for lining the pot.
dolmathes are one of the few foods that i can keep going back for a few more and then a few more.....also one of the few foods that i am perfectly happy to eat cold.....lol
Dolmathes are  "Good Eats".......