• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 03:33:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 530
Total: 530

Today's Glaser Ad.....

Started by BallAquatics, November 27, 2014, 07:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Mugwump

...nice looking Pleco....great color and markings.... ;D ..they are most often called the 'Flash' pleco..I've heard that they'll stand the discus higher temps too......

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

I've never kept any of the 'wood eating' plecos.  Guess I'd have to try the Repashy blend for them if I got some.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on November 27, 2014, 07:52:19 PM
I've never kept any of the 'wood eating' plecos.  Guess I'd have to try the Repashy blend for them if I got some.....

Dennis

Why....they eat veggies too...hunk of wood/veggies..you're good to go.. ;D
Jon

BallAquatics

Your probably right!  I live on a wooded lot, so I could just gather some sticks when I'm out gathering leaves for the tanks.....  no shortage of wood out in the yard around here.  What types of tree grow in the rain forest?

Dennis

Mugwump

Cholla wood works well....Capt'n Bob may still have some too...
Jon

LizStreithorst

Mahogany and Brazil Nut trees...I bet those beautiful plecos would do fine with ANY hard wood.  It says that the fish should have substrate.  If you get some, will you put in substrate?  You're a BB guy like me.  We dislike substrate as much as most folks love it ???
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 27, 2014, 08:20:36 PM
Mahogany and Brazil Nut trees...I bet those beautiful plecos would do fine with ANY hard wood.  It says that the fish should have substrate.  If you get some, will you put in substrate?  You're a BB guy like me.  We dislike substrate as much as most folks love it ???

Just a little gravel will do fine, easy upkeep too....BN like to clean rocks, and larger gravel.....so a simple pile of slate rock my suffice too...
Jon

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on November 27, 2014, 08:27:38 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 27, 2014, 08:20:36 PM

Just a little gravel will do fine, easy upkeep too....BN like to clean rocks, and larger gravel.....so a simple pile of slate rock my suffice too...

I bet flat marbles and slate would work for them.  Not that I'm fixin' to buy any, but they sure are beautiful plecos.  I don't like gravel because it gets sucked into the pump during WC.  You told me that sand would hurt my impeller.  Would flat marbles and slate work?

BillT

Rainforests typically have a huge number of different species of trees. Logging there is rather inefficient since they clearcut but don't use a lot of what they cut. Kinda pointlessly destructive.

BallAquatics

Quote from: BillT on November 27, 2014, 08:50:26 PM
Kinda pointlessly destructive.

Isn't that typical of the planets most invasive species.....

Dennis

BillT

I am sure someone will worry about it after everything is gone.

LizStreithorst

Don't blame it on the south American's.  People the world over have gone for easy money rather than sustainability.  Look at our country.  We have raped the earth.  Look at the way we get our oil these days!  We are more guilty than those people because we know better.   I'm as guilty as anyone.  I'm guilty.  I have a nice snug house with electricity and LP gas.  I keep tropical fish.  They use a lot of energy.  We are all guilty.  It seems that it is human nature to take the short view.