• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 12:32:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 598
Total: 598

The Fish House and the plans

Started by GraphicGr8s, November 29, 2018, 10:55:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GraphicGr8s

So right now I am running about 34 tanks. Current fish house size is 14 x 20. The slab i originally poured is 14 x 30. 6' of that are a front porch. 20' are the house. So I have another 6' left. Over our Christmas shutdown/vacation I am planning on building the last 6' out and knocking out the back wall of the fish house. Another 84 sq ft. That is another 42 tanks. So next year if all goes well I should have over 100 running in controlled climate and maybe another 10 under the back porch area.
That SHOULD get all the tanks I currently own up and running. I think after that I will hold off buying more tanks.

If you believe that I have this nice bridge for sale.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

..a nice project indeed.... |^|

What do you plan on raising/keeping?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

Keeping plecos it seems. I have most of the stuff from Ron's.
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

Not many I would start any breeding program with.

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on November 29, 2018, 11:36:22 AM
Not many I would start any breeding program with.

Rats!....Ron had some nice ones.......how's he doing?....I hope he hasn't passed on...?
Jon

GraphicGr8s

Ron is doing OK. I was going over every Sunday after church but have missed the last three weeks. I did talk to him Friday after the surgery. He had left a message wishing me well.
Going to try and see him this Sunday. He loves when I bring the little one over. They watch TV together.

LizStreithorst

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on November 29, 2018, 11:29:01 AM
Keeping plecos it seems. I have most of the stuff from Ron's.

Are they Snots (bristle nose) or other plecos.  I adore snots.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on November 29, 2018, 01:44:34 PM
Ron is doing OK. I was going over every Sunday after church but have missed the last three weeks. I did talk to him Friday after the surgery. He had left a message wishing me well.
Going to try and see him this Sunday. He loves when I bring the little one over. They watch TV together.

Please give my best regards to Ron... |^|....I hope he has at least one tank left for watching....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Surely you aren't talking about our Ron Sower?  He's the only Ron I know.  If it's our Ron someone needs to PM me and tell me what happened.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 29, 2018, 03:51:07 PM
Surely you aren't talking about our Ron Sower?  He's the only Ron I know.  If it's our Ron someone needs to PM me and tell me what happened.

rcbows
Jon

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: Mugwump on November 29, 2018, 03:41:41 PM

Please give my best regards to Ron... |^|....I hope he has at least one tank left for watching....

I've tried to get him to keep at least a 29. He can't take care of it. So he says. Still gets dizzy and headaches.

I did a lot of work there taking the room down so he could use the space. And it's a 40-45 minute ride over. But about everyone else save me and one other that has abandoned him. Gene and his wife spent Thanksgiving with Ron and his wife Jan. I was glad for that. Gene is a few minutes away and helps Ron when he can.

This past summer Ron's dogs kept getting out of the yard. Little G put wire all around the fence line with zip ties. First day Ron wanted to give him $$$ I said no way. Sucker got mad at me. I told him what he does when I can't see I can't see Grandpa. My grandmother always found ways to give me money and it made her happy. Figured it makes Ron happy to so who am I to take that away?

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 29, 2018, 03:51:07 PM
..I'm still around, Liz |^|....must be another Ron.... huh
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on November 29, 2018, 10:23:51 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on November 29, 2018, 03:41:41 PM

I've tried to get him to keep at least a 29. He can't take care of it. So he says. Still gets dizzy and headaches.

I did a lot of work there taking the room down so he could use the space. And it's a 40-45 minute ride over. But about everyone else save me and one other that has abandoned him. Gene and his wife spent Thanksgiving with Ron and his wife Jan. I was glad for that. Gene is a few minutes away and helps Ron when he can.

This past summer Ron's dogs kept getting out of the yard. Little G put wire all around the fence line with zip ties. First day Ron wanted to give him $$$ I said no way. Sucker got mad at me. I told him what he does when I can't see I can't see Grandpa. My grandmother always found ways to give me money and it made her happy. Figured it makes Ron happy to so who am I to take that away?

...It 's nice of you guys, and L'l G, to help him out...and good that's he still has some spunk yet...

...the cories that i got from Ron have had many offspring here.... :)
Jon