• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 10:27:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,346
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 879
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 771
Total: 771

Friday night 'Brats'

Started by Mugwump, June 02, 2017, 06:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

......and boy were they good.... |^|....Bush's Country Style beans....MMMMMmmmmm.... |eat|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I've never understood why people think that Bratwurst is so good.  To me it tastes like a hot dog.  It's just fatter.

My supermarket had a sale on BBQ ribs.  $9.95 for a full slab.  I knew that I was in the mood for ribs and since they advertised this sale in a big way beforehand I made a killer potato salad last night so all the flavors would be melded and comfortable with one another by this evening.  My dinner was ribs and tater salad.  Delish ;D
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 02, 2017, 06:23:38 PM
I've never understood why people think that Bratwurst is so good.  To me it tastes like a hot dog.  It's just fatter.

My supermarket had a sale on BBQ ribs.  $9.95 for a full slab.  I knew that I was in the mood for ribs and since they advertised this sale in a big way beforehand I made a killer potato salad last night so all the flavors would be melded and comfortable with one another by this evening.  My dinner was ribs and tater salad.  Delish ;D

....Brats a hot dog ??..........surely you jest?......

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/sheboygan-style-beer-soaked-brats-12642
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Dang!  I never heard that they were supposed to me marinated.  That would make all the difference!  It will take me days to eat up all these ribs  When I do, I think I'll fire up the Smoky Joe and grill me some marinated Brats.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 02, 2017, 06:40:26 PM
Dang!  I never heard that they were supposed to me marinated.  That would make all the difference!  It will take me days to eat up all these ribs  When I do, I think I'll fire up the Smoky Joe and grill me some marinated Brats.

.....yup..... w!w |^| w!w   you won't be disappointed... 8)
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on June 02, 2017, 06:45:16 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 02, 2017, 06:40:26 PM

.....yup..... w!w |^| w!w   you won't be disappointed... 8)
That looks like a good one to try...thanks, Mugs!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I read the reviews and the people in the know (German's) suggest that they should be grilled first, then simmered in the beer mixture,  They are supposedly more tender and flavorful done that way.  Makes sense to me.

Ron Sower

Hey...why not just try them both ways? |eat| |eat| |eat| |eat|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 02, 2017, 11:44:02 PM
I read the reviews and the people in the know (German's) suggest that they should be grilled first, then simmered in the beer mixture,  They are supposedly more tender and flavorful done that way.  Makes sense to me.

...had 'em both ways..........Sheboygan is the best tasting, and you can put them back in the beer mix to soak til serving........but both are good...so it's a person's choice which tastes better to you....
Jon

waterboy

Never did think much of Brats.  They always seemed sort of bland to me.  Maybe just the brand we buy.  I say toss them to the dogs and go with good Italian sausages smothered in green peppers.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on June 03, 2017, 10:23:40 AM
Never did think much of Brats.  They always seemed sort of bland to me.  Maybe just the brand we buy.  I say toss them to the dogs and go with good Italian sausages smothered in green peppers.

...or a quick trip over to Melrose for peppers/eggs..........MMMMmmmmmm
Jon