• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 05:47:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,334
  • Total Topics: 18,537
  • Online today: 450
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 330
Total: 330

Monday Monday

Started by Barb, January 29, 2024, 03:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi folks!  After several warm days, we are back to Winter here now. It was nice while it lasted.  Yesterday, while I was out, I had wind damage unlike I have ever had before. I had my patio umbrella, attached to a metal table which is on my patio, next to my pond. Sitting on concrete pavers.  I always lower the umbrella before any wind event.  Yesterday there was a surprise heavy wind, the umbrella was up, and I was gone. When I got home, the umbrella, all the potted plants on it, pansies, the table, was blown into my pond. What a terrible mess. But at least no fish were killed or hurt that I can tell.  All that soil, in the pond now.  And dumped into the gravel surrounding the pond. And 2 or 3 big rocks fell into the pond also.  It is going to take work and time to get it all taken care of.  Didn't need this for sure.

Other wise not much to complain about so I won't.  Just that 4 of my friends are recently diagnosed with 4 types of CA.  I am doing all I can to support them and pray they all survive.  Ron I want to see your Cardinal tank if possible, I love cardinals and neons!  But they would die in my tap water.
Barb

wsantia1

Hi Barb. a similar thing happened to me last week where the wind took my umbrella and table and blew it over despite it being held in place by a heavy metal base. It didn't blow it off of the deck but it bent the umbrella pole in half. Right after that happened we got the snow storm so I just left everything as it was and I'll probably leave it that way until the spring.   
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on January 29, 2024, 03:24:12 PMHi folks!  After several warm days, we are back to Winter here now. It was nice while it lasted.  Yesterday, while I was out, I had wind damage unlike I have ever had before. I had my patio umbrella, attached to a metal table which is on my patio, next to my pond. Sitting on concrete pavers.  I always lower the umbrella before any wind event.  Yesterday there was a surprise heavy wind, the umbrella was up, and I was gone. When I got home, the umbrella, all the potted plants on it, pansies, the table, was blown into my pond. What a terrible mess. But at least no fish were killed or hurt that I can tell.  All that soil, in the pond now.  And dumped into the gravel surrounding the pond. And 2 or 3 big rocks fell into the pond also.  It is going to take work and time to get it all taken care of.  Didn't need this for sure.

Other wise not much to complain about so I won't.  Just that 4 of my friends are recently diagnosed with 4 types of CA.  I am doing all I can to support them and pray they all survive.  Ron I want to see your Cardinal tank if possible, I love cardinals and neons!  But they would die in my tap water.
Barb
Wow! That's a strong wind you had there, lady. Tough job ahead of you now. 

The 90 cardinals looked great in the 75. It's a shame I had to retrieve and sell 40 of them to the guy that ordered them! I'm going to add more next order from the importer.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron