• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 06:46:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 427
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 338
Total: 338

Warm & Wet Thursday

Started by wsantia1, January 25, 2024, 05:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. I had to do a double take when I looked at my weather app this morning because the temperature reading when I woke up was 62 degrees. After all of the snow and freezing temps just a few days ago, the warm air from the south has made its way here. These warm temps do come with some rain but it doesn't look like heavy rain.

Things are back to normal in the fishroom with the new sink/drain pump securely in place. I actually liked to old pump better than this one but they don't make it anymore. I watched my plumber "friend" put it in and I am confidant that I can do the work myself if I need to. The fact that he charged me hardly anything for labor was appreciated but it makes me think that he probably got a kickback from the plumbing supply people. 2c2   

Once again there is nothing on the agenda so I will be working in the fishroom again. I was making lots of progress throwing out stuff that I don't need or use in the fishroom anymore. I also have a bunch of expired food that is well past the time to throw away.

Have a great day everyone. I'll check in again later. 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Willie, like your area it is almost unbelievably warm here.  Got up to 78 today and very humid.  When I was out for awhile I had to use my car's AC!  With the sun pouring in and the humidity it was too warm so I did it.  Another day of this then Winter returns plus some rain over the weekend.  Glad your new pump is in and working well  I also need to go through fish supplies, some many years old, and throw stuff out.  Too bad I don't have a fish club anymore, could give things to others.  Have a good night,
Barb

Ron Sower

Hi all!

Busy getting stuff cleaned up for sale in my booth today. Then went to dinner/dance tonight.  More cleaning stuff tomorrow and getting fish and shrimp in to acclimate.

I hope you're all sleeping well.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron