• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 03:07:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 450
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 368
Total: 368

Snowy Friday

Started by wsantia1, January 19, 2024, 04:56:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning, good folks. Hopefully you are all well. The snow is back and it just started coming down in my neck of the woods. We are expecting between 4 and 6 inches today before it moves on. The weather people have been pretty much on target with the forecasts recently.

I will be staying in the house this storm. During the snow storm earlier in the week I did some shoveling and I dodged a bullet by not aggravating any of my pain issues but this time I will not take that chance. I am paying an HOA fee to have this kind of stuff done for me.

Another day in the fishroom today. During water changes, I usually drain the tank water into a sink that uses a remote/sink drain pump system and it appears that the pump is starting to go bad. A new pump is about $300 and it will probably require a plumber to install.

I can try to install myself but if something goes wrong I would need a plumber anyway. In the meantime I will watch that sink carefully so it doesn't overflow and if necessary I will drain the tanks into the sump. I don't like to use the sump very much and I probably won't today because the snow may block the pipe that extracts water from the sump into the yard and that won't be good. huh

Have a great day everyone and stay warm and dry.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hi Willie, et. Al.

Another light overcast day here. No snow forecasted! Willie, I think you're smart to let the HOA handle the snow removal. Oh, and good luck with that sump pump replacement.

I went to pick up some shrimp and fish yesterday and saw the cardinals in the q-t tank. They look so good in a large shoal. I'm excited to get them in a week or so. I also saw a large shoal of neon tetras that will be going to my customer. They're looking good too.

My order of plants did not arrive yesterday. And I can't find my email with he tracking number. I don't know if they will deliver today. We'll see.

I hope everyone has a good day. See ya here later!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Hey Ron and everyone. Hope you are all well. We ended up with a real 7 inches of snow yesterday and of course the snow removal people didn't get here until around 10 am this morning. This was after I cleared enough of my driveway to get my car out of the garage and run some errands.

While they cleared the rest my driveway and the entrance to my house they didn't clear the sidewalk in front of my house and on the side (I'm on the corner) of my house. They say that they will be back. Hopefully no one will be walking in the 7+ inches of snow on the side of the house. We have these issues every time we have a snow storm.

I was able to contact a retired plumber that has done some work for me in the past and he will come look at the pump on Monday. He did a quick diagnostic over the phone and the pump is good but float isn't. He told me how to bypass the float so I can to do the water changes on the discus tank but I have to be very attentive or I can have a flood and even burn out the pump.

Hopefully you all have a great Saturday.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.