• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 01:52:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 442
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 437
Total: 437

Catching Up Thursday

Started by wsantia1, January 18, 2024, 05:18:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It is another chilly day here with the current temp at 20 degrees and hopefully getting up to 37 degrees this afternoon. That is just a teaser as Friday will bring another 1 to 3 inches of the white stuff. Next week we are supposed to have a stretch of days in the 40s that should melt most of this snow away.

Today I have lots to do in the fishroom. I've got several (Non Discus) tanks that are hurting for water changes, including 2 shrimp tanks that are in real bad shape. The shrimp tanks still have live shrimp in them so I will have to be delicate as I try to clean up the overgrown vegetation that is keeping them alive. The last time I did a massive cleaning of the shrimp tanks it took me several hours and I still lost a some shrimp.

Yesterday was Kobe's 14th birthday and I spent the day pampering him. I was also able to set up a play date in the park for him and a couple of his dog friends so they could run around in the snow. It was fun watching him having fun again. He's come a long way with his health issues in the last year and I am thankful for that.

Wishing you all a great day.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Brrrrr!  Cold weather sucks!

Kobe has a good human! And Willie, you have a good canine!

Lucy's got a group of gals coming for games this afternoon, and I'll be fishrooming with water changes and prepping 3 - 10g tanks for Caridina shrimp. I've already got them started with the substrate. I'm using a Bonsai soil that doesn't leach ammonia.

Speaking of shrimp, Willie, I recommend not changing more than 10-15%. Large changes can cause the white ring of death problem. The shrimp develop a white ring between thorax and abdomen and can't molt, causing death. Learned this the hard way.

Greg, what's going on over in your neck of the woods?

I hope everyone can stay warm today!

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron