• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 06:06:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 427
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 330
Total: 331

Frosty Sunday

Started by wsantia1, January 14, 2024, 07:41:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Hopefully you are all well. I've been under the weather for the past few days and it's probably because of all of that time that I spent in the hospital while in NYC. I'm finally feeling a little better today. Per my granddaughter's advice I did the home test for Covid and it came back negative.

It is 32 degrees here at the moment but at this same time on Friday it was 62 degrees. That was quite a drop in temps. As of this time we have been snowless but the forecast over the next few days has us right at the snowline. I'm hoping that it misses us but if it does hit us I will NOT be shoveling any snow. My back will not allow me to do that anymore.

I will probably play around in the fishroom today. I finally hooked up my FX-6 on the 75G tank housing my 5 Discus before I went to NYC and I must say the fish are loving it.

I was worried about it being too much water flow for the Discus but the way I set it up it is not bothering the fish at all. I also have a Tidal filter on this tank  but I will be taking that filter off as soon as I am comfortable that the FX-6 is properly seeded. As of yesterday before water changes the readings on the tank were: TDS-105, PH-< 6, Ammonia-0, Nitrites-0 and Nitrates-5. I'm very happy so far.

Wishing you all a great day. Stay warm and dry!!!

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hi Willie! I'm well and hope the rest of you Muggers are too. Lucy had a cold for a week or so but is over it except for some hangover coughing.  I've been fortunate this time and haven't caught it. I was pumping B-complex vitamins into me while she was sick. Maybe that helped. A lot of our friends in here have been sick with one thing or another.

Weather over the past two weeks: cold and we had a couple days of rain and clouds; now we're starting to warm for a few days, going to 70-75 later this week. A bridge of high pressure is keeping the cold north of us. That's what Lucy's telling me.

The kili club meeting auction was had low bidding last night. I brought a lot of my plants home because my minimums were set too high. Example: a 3-pack of Anubias pots for minimum of $12 didn't get an opening bid. Maybe I've saturated this club with those plants. Next month something different!😉 All my fish but one species were sold. It was the climbing perch.

Willie, it sounds like you have the discus dialed in. They're a beautiful species of fish. How many, and what color patterns are they?

Miss Lucy and I have been contemplating having a business that we can do together involving our hobbies. But I'm not the least bit interested in doing any kind of business involving home decor, and the same for her with the aquarium hobby. Yesterday we were checking out places where she could have a space to put her "French Country/Farmhouse" decor items for sale. While talking with the manager of one place, our conversation evolved to she and I sharing/splitting a larger booth. What she liked is that none of the other tenants offer anything like what either of us have to sell. They have one open booth ATM and a long waiting list, but our offerings may pop us way up the list. We'll see what happens.

Time to get my day started. Gotta do WCs on the 2-75s today, then several small ones in the fishroom. Stay warm, my friends!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Howdy folks.  It's a balmy 6°F here, feels like -3°F with the wind.  Zero tonight with a high of 13°F for tomorrow.  Glad I've got a finished shop to work in and plenty of inside work to do!

Waiting on the last two parts to complete my current carburetor project.  USPS says they are in Cincinnati so with a bit of luck I'll have them tomorrow!

Work is super slow, so I've got the week off at Home Depot.  LOL can you call it a week off when you only work 2 days?

Enjoy what's left of the weekend!