• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 12:52:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 640
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 629
Total: 629

Wacky Wednesday...>

Started by Mugwump, September 06, 2017, 02:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...tinkering, errands, yada yada....all done.....now relax'n.........

...so....I hope everyone had a very nice day too................. 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Rained most of the day. Now it's just cloudy & cold.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

...we're waiting for Casey to come by and get her box of fish....when she works late, her deliveries come here..... ;)  ...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wallace

It almost rained here today. There was a T-storm on the radar a few miles away but it missed us. It looks like it missed most of the fires too.

Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on September 06, 2017, 09:22:44 PM
It almost rained here today. There was a T-storm on the radar a few miles away but it missed us. It looks like it missed most of the fires too.

....I remember those fires from when we lived in Ca......smoke and ash hanging in the air......but the rains afterward were just as bad.....flooding and mud slides everywhere...
Jon

wallace

I have never lived down south around LA but you're right, it does that. Up here there is some erosion but its usually not noticeable. The other day I was driving on a skid road where there was a huge fire last August and the winter rain had washed a deep gulley down the middle of this little road that was about 4 feet deep in places. My wheels were barely wide enough to get through there.
Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on September 07, 2017, 09:49:56 AM
I have never lived down south around LA but you're right, it does that. Up here there is some erosion but its usually not noticeable. The other day I was driving on a skid road where there was a huge fire last August and the winter rain had washed a deep gulley down the middle of this little road that was about 4 feet deep in places. My wheels were barely wide enough to get through there.

....we lived up about 2000ft on the Angeles hwy that runs up to Mt Wilson......right on the Angeles forest.....I know those ruts well.....I rode the fire breaks a lot and they were constantly being repaired....riding the fire breaks on an old '250 big bear scrambler'...rocks!  |^|
Jon

wallace

My son spent yesterday on a mountain top lookout because they were expecting some lightning in the area. He spotted a fire and was later commended for giving such an accurate location. They got a helicopter and an engine on it before it turned into another big one. Direction is easy because the lookouts have a pointing device with bearings, but distance is hard unless you can read a quad map. I taught him how to read contours on quad maps when he was little, so he had a head start with it.

Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on September 07, 2017, 10:13:18 AM
My son spent yesterday on a mountain top lookout because they were expecting some lightning in the area. He spotted a fire and was later commended for giving such an accurate location. They got a helicopter and an engine on it before it turned into another big one. Direction is easy because the lookouts have a pointing device with bearings, but distance is hard unless you can read a quad map. I taught him how to read contours on quad maps when he was little, so he had a head start with it.

.... |^|...good job
Jon