• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 12:34:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 703
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 704
Total: 704

meat loaf....

Started by Mugwump, January 14, 2017, 07:10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...Liz, do you still have your recipe hang'n around there somewhere...we need to try it.. |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Yessir.

3/4 lb ground chuck
1/4 lb choriso or Italian sausage
1/2 c chopped onion
1/2 c chopped green petter
8 oz salsa

1/3 c quick cook oatmeal
1 egg

Mix all together and form into loaf
Top with a mix of
1/3 c ketchup
2 T brown sugar
1 T good mustard

Bake at 375 for 1 hr.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Highly recommended....  it's very tasty.  I used the HOT pace picante for the salsa.

Dennis

LizStreithorst

That's that one I like, too.

Mugwump

Jan's not to much into the 'hot'...
Jon

LizStreithorst

Pace makes mild salsa, too.

Mugwump

Jon

Ron Sower

I had medium today while watching the game...I prefer mild though...I'm with you Jan....for me when the food is too spicy I don't taste any flavor.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I'm the opposite.  I find that hot spicy brings out more flavor in the food. 

I used to be like you, Ron.  Then I went to Mexico for 4 years and had to learn and appreciate something new.  Not having been exposed to spicy hot it was a hard roe to hoe before I came to love the heat in foods.

Ron Sower

I have noticed I can enjoy Mexican and Asian foods a little spicier than I did 20 years ago before I was exposed to much of it. That's when I moved to Seattle to marry Lucy and she brought spice into my life....literally...not a pun...! ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I'm going to make this tomorrow but this time I'm going to make it spicy and smokey :D  Instead of the green pepper I will use a Poblano pepper and a serrano pepper.  I found this fabulous salsa that I may have mentioned here before.  It's a hot smoked salsa.  The brand name is Cigar City.  They make a milder version, too.  I can taste it already in my mind's taste buds.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 04, 2018, 06:13:23 PM
I'm going to make this tomorrow but this time I'm going to make it spicy and smokey :D  Instead of the green pepper I will use a Poblano pepper and a serrano pepper.  I found this fabulous salsa that I may have mentioned here before.  It's a hot smoked salsa.  The brand name is Cigar City.  They make a milder version, too.  I can taste it already in my mind's taste buds.

...you do realize this thread is from Jan 2017 ?.... :D

..but the meat loaf sounds splendid  |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

I know but I lost the recipe and wanted to make sure that what I want to do will work.  I searched around on Google but it didn't come up.  I knew it was here so once I looked at the recipe I had to talk about it more.