• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 05:11:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,337
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 577
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 552
Total: 553

Glasses

Started by LizStreithorst, May 03, 2016, 02:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

What a PITA they are.  I like the bi-focals mostly.  I like the see far only shade for driving when the sun is out.  but the bi-foacals don't work for work because I often have to look up rather than down.  I'll be damned it I'll give them another $178. a pair of see close glasses when I can buy a pair of cheapo's for like $5.00 at the dollar store.  I've been using cheap ones from work but they are only +2.  Turns out that I need +2.5.  I liked it better when my eyes worked like eyes are supposed to. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Give it time, you will get used to them. 
Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 03, 2016, 02:16:28 PM
What a PITA they are.  I like the bi-focals mostly.  I like the see far only shade for driving when the sun is out.  but the bi-foacals don't work for work because I often have to look up rather than down.  I'll be damned it I'll give them another $178. a pair of see close glasses when I can buy a pair of cheapo's for like $5.00 at the dollar store.  I've been using cheap ones from work but they are only +2.  Turns out that I need +2.5.  I liked it better when my eyes worked like eyes are supposed to.

I know. Welcome to the club. I wear mine for driving(most the time) and reading......very few other things tho usually...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Liz, I know you don't want to buy another pair of glasses, but just for your information....
I've know that drs sometimes will prescribe glasses for people that do a lot of work on computers that have the close-up prescription in the top AND the bottom of the glasses, and the distance in the center. That's for when you look up and down a lot.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron