• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 05:03:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,334
  • Total Topics: 18,537
  • Online today: 380
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 339
Total: 339

Another hump day

Started by LizStreithorst, October 12, 2022, 11:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Today is much better than yesterday which was a horrible back day.  All I managed to do was pay bills on line and call the pain doctor to figure out what was up with my prescription.  I spoke to the nurse and she called me back after she had spoken to the nurse practioner who saw me.  It was their mistake so they called my pharmacy to extend it for another 2 months.  I asked how Dr. Leigh was doing since he was taking so long to recover from Covid.  The nurse said that he wasn't back at work after having worked for a while.  I was stunned that he was having long term problems.  The rest of the day I was in bed except for normal chores.

It's warm here today and rain is predicted for later this afternoon until late tomorrow morning.  We need it badly.

I now have 21 garlics up and 6 baby tomatoes on my 'mater plant.  The insects haven't been bothering the broccoli much but they don't seem to have grown much.  Perhaps I should hit everything with a handful of cottonseed meal.

I'm going to make some red beans and Cajun sausage in the pressure cooker later so I'll be doing some chopping of vegetables and slicing of sausage.  I'll saving it for tomorrow because today I'll be making fried rice for my meal.

I want to move some fish and take some pics so I can get new auctions going on AB.  I might surprise my self by getting it done.  My back puts me to bed so much it seems that I can never get everything done.

Barb, how are the little babies doing?   Ron and Willie, what do you have going on?
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. Another beautiful day here but that's all coming to an end tomorrow when rain will come through. So far the weather people are saying that it is a 1 day thing but we shall see.

I've been relaxing most of the day except for when I went to Sam's Club but that's about to change as I am getting ready to go down into the fishroom to stir the pot up some.

I am just about done getting things ready for Saturday's auction. I have to remember that I am there to "Sell and not Buy" and unless something blows me away, that is what I am going to do.

Hopefully you all are having a great day!!!
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Liz and Willie, it is almost hot today, after some cool days.  All that Ian rain is long gone and very dry here now.  Rain is needed again.  Liz you can grow tomatoes this time of year?  Won't they get too cold soon?  I know greens do well in the Fall.  Here too. Especially Collards. They grow all Winter.

Willie, you can go to a fish auction and not buy?  Now that takes real resolve!! Let us know how it goes.  Liz glad you are feeling better today and getting the meds you need.  My new little Discus are soooooo cute, and beautiful  I have never had baby Discus that are so perfect in colorand shape. You sure know your breeding stuff!  I just love them.  They are out swimming around the tank today, and eating everything I offer them.  I am training them not to run and hide when I approach the tank, so far so good.
Barb

Ron Sower

Hey folks! It was a busy day...I met with a couple guys that call bingo here on Tuesday nights to go through the process of setup and calling the numbers....my head was spinning!...I'm going to call after I learn well enough...it's pretty serious business here for these oldies...!

A lady and 11yo son came by and bought a bunch of plants...I spent about 45 minutes teaching them a few things...I enjoy doing that...it's more enjoyable for me than just pulling plants and shipping them to ppl I'll never know or see...

Then I picked and packed todays orders...only took 1-1/2 hours...after we finished the Murder Mystery dinner at the clubhouse (lotsa fun), Lucy and I drove the orders to the P. O.

Now I'm heading to bed...see ya tomorrow!...happy aquariuming everyone!!!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Barb, we can get 2 crops of summer vegetables here.  The stuff planted in the late summer often does better because there are fewer insects plus, tomatoes aren't happy when it is steaming hot for weeks on end.  Of course, everything depends on the weather.  If we have an early freeze I'll have to settle for fried green tomatoes.  BYW, this morning I spotted 2 more baby 'maters.  That makes 8 total so far.
Always move forward. Never look back.