• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 12:45:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,334
  • Total Topics: 18,537
  • Online today: 377
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 364
Total: 364

Saturday hello

Started by Barb, March 05, 2022, 01:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi everybody!  Just checked in to see you all and find I am first here.  So, happy Saturday.  I have spent the last 4 hrs. taking down another tank, 65 gal. planted tank that failed.  Sorry Ron, I just can't grow plants like you do.  The Vals did OK so will be putting them into a newly set up 20 for Endlers and snails.  Now my only big tank is my Discus, and I don't ever plan to do without them.  But my life has taken new turns in the last couple years and the multiple tank syndrome I have had for 45 yrs. just doesn't fit my life anymore.  So the empty 65 will stay in the same place, in my dining room area, and will house orchids and ferns instead.  I enjoy them as much as fish.  This will be my second orchidarium.

What are you all doing today?  Is the weather good?  Here it in 70's and cloudy/sunny off and on.  Tomorrow my daughter and son in law visit, that will be nice.  I will take them out for a good lunch, especially since their gas will be almost $4 a gal, and the trip is 300 mi.
Barb

LizStreithorst

I lucked out.  I found gas in Ellisville yesterday for $3.49.

It's warm but more humid and cloudy today.  I wonder if the changing weather does something to my back,  It's a bitch today.  Even normal chores are well, a chore.  I've done my WC.  Now I'm boiling taters to have with lunch.  The rest of the lunch doesn't take as long to cook.  I about ready to get up off my arse and feed the horse her lunch.  Then I'll sit some more and wait for the potato water come to a boil.

Barb, I'm afraid that I was in the fish room when you called yesterday.  Shawn and April came down and swapped out a 100 gallon for a 90.  Call me back or maybe I'll call you back.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

One minute left in my today! So I still made it!....I got this started....

It was a breezy day today....temp got up to about 70...so not toooooo bad!... 8) ....clouds were beautiful azure blue sky and casting interesting shadows across our nearby Superstition Mountain range...

Tonight I realized what all the pansy-ass bickering among the Discus was all about!...the pic says it all!...
What a surprise!...cories will probably get all the eggs...I've no plans to be raising discus...no more room for anything....

Time for bed...bye the way, I want to be the first to wish you a very happy March 6, 2022...! 8) 8) 8)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

ghonk

Cool Ron,if you were trying to breed them they probably wouldn't do anything. ;D
And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon

Ron Sower

Quote from: ghonk on March 06, 2022, 06:00:20 PM
Cool Ron,if you were trying to breed them they probably wouldn't do anything. ;D
...no kidding, Greg! :D :D :D ...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Congratulations, Ron.  It is not uncommon for a healthy pair to spawn shortly after a period of stress such as being moved from one environment to another.  Shame you don't want to breed.

My young pair spawned yesterday afternoon.  I immediately moved them to a pitcher of pure RO as per Cliff's instructions.  I do want to breed and I'm quite excited about this spawn.  My older pair is involved in heavy petting.  No tubes down yet, but it will happen soon.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

The eggs started disappearing yesterday...didn't see who the culprit was...and all were gone this morning...I'm working on figuring out a way to set up a rack for breeding/rearing tanks in the fishroom...it could happen...! 8)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron