• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 10:52:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,334
  • Total Topics: 18,537
  • Online today: 450
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 346
Total: 346

Thursday

Started by Barb, February 03, 2022, 05:54:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi Mug folks, anybody got a lot of ice from the latest storm?  Willie, you may?  Here it is warm today and tomorrow, but cold returns this weekend.  Sure hope the groundhog is wrong.  Liz has her new computer but needs to get it set up before she can be back here.  She got Martha off on her trip back to Rio yesterday.   Hope you all have a good day and have something fun to do today.  See you all here later.
Barb

LizStreithorst

I'm back, thank God.  I want to thank Barb for keeping you all up to date.

It's still warm but rainy today.  It's supposed to get cold after the rain goes away.  At least it was warm out when my wonderful Tropical Flower was here.  I don't have anything planned for today except changing water on the inside tanks and later the fishroom tanks.  The rest of the day I'll mostly be enjoying my solitary life with dogs, chickens, horse and cats.

Willie, I thought for sure that you would hurt after falling on your ass.  You were luckier than most.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Hi Barb, Liz and everyone. Liz welcome back. Barb did a great job keeping us updated on your status. I never did feel any pain except for when I first fell.

Barb, no ice here. We are at 42 degrees and getting up into the 50s this afternoon. We did have a light rain most of the morning but it has stopped for now. Most of the real bad weather is supposed to stay to the west of us. Temps will plunge overnight.

Not doing much today but since I just got my tax return I might go out and spend some money. It took me 8 days from the date of filing to get my return. I know people who haven't gotten there return from last year. If you can file electronically. I use Turbo Tax but there is a few software options including the IRS if you qualify based on income.

Have a great day everyone.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Welcome back home Liz!  Glad you didn't get the bad stuff Willie.  I bet it is nice out in AZ, right Ron?  My only news is that I will continue taking care of my mom. She doesn't qualify for any local assisted living places, medically or financially.  For $3500-6000 a mo. many places would take her.  But that is not an option. I will continue my daily care. 
Barb

LizStreithorst

Oh Barb.  That's terrible news.  I don't know how you will manage.

I'm starting to really love my new laptop.  It had been so long since I used one I totally forgot about the portability factor.  I'm reclined on the fish room sofa waiting for my big WC container to fill and typing to everyone here at the same time.  When I wake up I can drink my tea in bed and check on things.  The only thing that this thing can't do is stream the radio but I can do that on my remote speaker through the phone.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hello folks and good evening!...looks like Liz is back...welcome home, girl! :D

Short sleeve shirt weather here these days...got up to 56 today...sunny...etc...warming trend headed our way...maybe in mid 70s...

Today was set-up-the-Eheim 600-onxmy-new-75-day...it is done... all tubes are cut to length...I added filter muck from one of the 125s...got plants on rocks situated in there the other day...auto timers for lights are set...and set the Eheim 200w heater starting to bring water temp up to 82F...

Thru for the day now...

Funny how ppl don't read instructions for registering for our swap meet...even tho the first line in all caps in the announcement says to read the entire announcement!.. wfwf

So, Liz, is Martha an expat living in Rio?

Good evening to all of you!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 03, 2022, 05:59:11 PM
Oh Barb.  That's terrible news.  I don't know how you will manage.

I'm starting to really love my new laptop.  It had been so long since I used one I totally forgot about the portability factor.  I'm reclined on the fish room sofa waiting for my big WC container to fill and typing to everyone here at the same time.  When I wake up I can drink my tea in bed and check on things.  The only thing that this thing can't do is stream the radio but I can do that on my remote speaker through the phone.
... nice, Liz...I'm using my iPad in similar fashion...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron