• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 01:53:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 166
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 156
Total: 156

Sunny Sunday

Started by Barb, May 16, 2021, 07:05:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning folks!  I hope it is also sunny where you are.  Still kind of cool here for mid May, but very nice out there.  I will do some more yard work, still have about 30 more bags of  mulch to put down, all from Lowe's last year at $2 a bag, so I stocked up.
Liz did you read the post I made while you posted yesterday?  Red shrimp? 
Are you all getting gas where you live?  Still in very short supply here in eastern NC.  I feel lucky to have gotten some yesterday, just happened to be driving by when the tank truck pulled into a station. I gladly waitied.
You all have a good day,
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. A very similar day as yesterday with high temps at 75 degrees but a few more clouds. Still no rain so I am watering a lot.

Over here they charge you a sewer fee based on how much water you use and that fee is three times the cot of the water bill. Last year I bought and installed an extra water meter for the yard that is exempt from the sewer bill. One of the best buys I've made. It has already paid for itself and some more in the last year.

I don't know what I am going to do today because I'm a little tired but I feel good. I do need to get down to Lowe's to get a "real" water hose and water hose cart. I've had it with those expandable water hoses. They rarely last a year and tend to fail at the most inopportune time.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good afternoon my fish friends.

Barb, I we never ran out of gas here although the price has gone up considerably.  I understand the price increase is not totally the fault of the pipeline shut down so I'm afraid they may still continue to climb.  I think I missed your post about the red shrimp.  I'll go back and take a look.  Mine are reproducing like crazy but majority of them are still tiny babies.  My yellows continue to amaze me with their productivity.

Willie, I love my hoses.  I suggest you get these.

I've had a lazy but not worthless day.  I got a few loads of laundry in one of which is still hanging on my redneck clothes line.  I made a fish box because I have outgoing tomorrow.  I made an extra because making 2 is almost as easy as making 1.  I have not gotten around to planting the flat of impatiens I picked up at the feed store yesterday.  When I discovered that the chickens ignore the first bed I planted I decided to do the bed on the other shady side of the house.  They sure will brighten up those shady places.  My ham hock and bean soup will be ready in about 45 minutes.  This soup is gonna be very good.  I took extra time to get the seasonings just right.

My animals are all content except for Charlotte the horse who is still sulking.  I couple of weeks ago she learned how to break chicken food cans in the car port.  She defeated all my attempts and keeping her out of them so I gave up and locked her up.  She still has a 1/2 acre of pasture and a shed to get out of the weather.  She just can't get in trouble with the chicken feed or stick her head in the front door when she's hungry before feeding time.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 16, 2021, 01:30:10 PM

Good afternoon my fish friends.

Willie, I love my hoses.  I suggest you get these.

Liz, I don't see the link.  mim
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Thanks also Liz, I have been looking for a good hose, and I just ordered one.