• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 06:04:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,334
  • Total Topics: 18,537
  • Online today: 380
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 328
Total: 329

Beautiful Saturday

Started by wsantia1, May 15, 2021, 07:07:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning all. It is going to be a beautiful day here with plenty of sunshine, low winds and a high temp of 75 degrees. No rain but that's ok because a day like this shouldn't be tarnished by rain.

I am going to do minimal inside work and I will spend most of the day outside with Kobe enjoying the weather.

Hopefully you all will have great weather like me. Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

It's gonna be a beauty of a day here, too.  Sun all day and high in the low 80's.

I lucked out yesterday and found some impatiens at the feed store in Ellisville.  Imagine that!  I wouldn't have even stopped there if I hadn't forgotten dog food when I was at the real feed store last week.  My first order of business is to get them planted.  Then I'll run up to Jack and Judy's house to pick up some of the fallen mulberries Judy invited me to get yesterday.  I had wanted to get them yesterday evening after water change but the skeeters were so bad I decided to wait.  The darn things mostly disappear during the day so I forget about them but they suck me dry when I step outside in the evenings.

Need to run to the supermarket in Ellisville as well.  I was just there yesterday but I forgot to buy celery and I can't make ham and bean soup without it.  I sure wish there were a small market here in rainey community.  There used to be a meat market but there was never a small local grocery.  It would sure save an old lady with a bad memory from having to drive to buy celery.

My big news is that I just bought a new computer from Best Buy.  It will be delivered Monday.  Of course I didn't get anything fancy but this ones is a good deal and will do everything I need it for.  https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-ideacentre-3-07ada-desktop-amd-athlon-silver-series-4gb-memory-1tb-hdd-silver/6398133.p?skuId=6398133  This one I'm using keeps doing weird things that I can't fix.  First my speakers quit working.  I bought new ones and they didn't work either.  Then they started working out of nowhere.  Then they quit again.  Next, my remote speaker quit working even though the computer says it's connected and that nothing is wrong.  I'll just keep this old one for backup when the day comes that the new one needs repair.  I suffer so much when I'm forced to type on my phone.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

That looks like one fine computer Liz.  Specs say it has a terabyte hard drive, WOW!!! 

I remember my first computer....  It had a 20 megabyte hard drive.  More space than anyone would EVER need!!!  Hahaha.

I still use my many years old Lenovo / IBM laptops on a daily basis.  Great computers.

Super nice day here Willie.  70's and sunny blue sky.  Had two of the bike out today.

Barb

Hi everybody!  It has been a great day here too. I spent most of the day spreading 60 bags of mulch in 2 new beds I have been working on, in the shade.  But best of all I got a tank of gas so now I can take my little trip Wed-Fri this week.  It was in doubt for awhile.  Also, I took my blue shrimp out of a small tank and put into a bigger one, there had been just 4 tiny babies in there several months ago.  I netted out 14!!!  the Java Moss is so thick in there I couldn't even see them until I took it out.  Liz do you have red shrimp to spare?  I have a tank set up for them too.  Wonder where Ron is?
Barb

LizStreithorst

Dennis, having YOU say it's good means that I made a good choice about something I know nothing about.  I know it was nothing but a stroke of luck, but what a relief to know I chose right. 
Always move forward. Never look back.