• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 09:00:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 786
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 729
Total: 729

Wet windy Monday

Started by LizStreithorst, August 30, 2021, 08:57:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Good morning folks.  The weather finally moved in last night.  It rained hard and will continue raining.  The winds weren't too bad but there were some strong gusts.  As far as I can tell I have one big cherry tree branch down but that's all.  The yard is a swamp as expected.  I got the horse fed when the rain let up some.  I'm planning on staying inside today.

How about y'all?  What's your day looking like.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Liz, so very glad to hear from you and that you are OK, I was worried even though you told me not to.  At noon now, I see that Ida is still with you, center is near Jackson.  Let us know later today how the rest of it went, hopefully OK.  Here it is just still hot and dry.  I have to water my elephant ears twice a day now. Plus  flowers, even shrubs.  So dry.  This is the time of year here I wish I just had a cactus garden.  Take care,
Barb

wsantia1

Hi Liz, Barb and everyone. Liz, I am very happy to here that you and your animals are ok. Hopefully Ida can move out of there quickly so you all can dry out soon.

It is  pretty hot here with temps in the high 80s and plenty of sunshine. It was supposed to be in the low 80s but that's the norm for the weather forecasts around here.

Not much on the agenda here. I just realized that the new food I have Kobe on is double the calories of his old food so now I understand why he has been putting on so much weight.

Now I will have to cut back on his food and he is going to be a "Royal PITA". It starts with dinner tonight.

Wishing everyone a safe and great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hi everyone!...

It's good to know that you're ok, Liz...and glad Barb and Willie are doing well too... ;D

Yesterday was a back breaker... almost literally!...we had friends from Florence come for coffee around 10...it was a nice visit, but at a quarter til noon I had to excuse myself to go pick up the trailer at noon!...it was a great visit, but I had pre-arranged Saturday to get it then...

So, I picked up Stan and headed on over the the home where I would pick up the 75g that was being given to me...BOY!...it looked like it hadn't been cared for in a month of Sundays!!!...about 6 fish in it....a Cory of some sort, an albino ancistris, a male and female betta, a huge blue gourami, and a giant red shoulder Severum!!...so we started the siphon and our "muscle" showed up - me eBay guy and his cousin...they were a tremendous help!...it took an hour and a half to get it all loaded into the trailer...unloading here at home was a lot quicker!!,...but I do have some buckets of fish and plants to work through today!...some of the fish will go in our meeting auction this coming Sunday...

Although I did not heavy lifting yesterday, all the bending, twisting, and efforts to try to kneel really had me in pain by the time we left there...I was dreading that I wouldn't sleep last night from the pain, so I have a few oxys left and took one!...slept thru the night like a baby |^| ...

You all have a good rest of your day...don't float away, Liz!
Happy aquariuming... ;D ;D ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron