• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 09:19:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 636
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 592
Total: 592

Over 10 mo. late here

Started by Barb, August 28, 2013, 07:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

I just noticed that I never posted here.  I must have missed this area somehow. Oh well, better late than never?  I have been keeping tropical fish for 42 years, all kinds.  Now I just concentrate on Discus, Angels, Endlers livebearers, koi in a big pond, and one beautiful Electric Blue Jack Dempsey.  I am a potter and make lots of clay items for fish tank use.  Married to my husband Bill for 42 years and we have two grown children, married, and 4 beloved indoor cats.  Much more I could tell you all but this is plenty isn't it?
Barb

Mugwump

LOL.....cool, better late than never..... ;D.....have we seen the cat pics??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

How long have you had the EBJD?  They're so pretty. What's it's temperament like?
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mir

<3 Miranda

Quote from: Mugwumpremember, youre fish can't scream 'what are you doing to me!'

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Thanks Jon, Pauline, Mir and Ron!

Pauline I just realized I forgot to reply to your EBJD question.  I have mine, think it is a male, in a tank alone, 22 gal. with plants, wood and gravel.  He is beautiful, really beautiful.  But I do have a group of Endlers in there with him to "keep him company" just in case he gets lonely.  He does make a snack of them though.  I have too many so he helps me keep #'s under control a bit.  I don't want to breed him, just hope he grows large 8-10" eventually.  He is going into a bigger tank soon when my baby discus need moving up to a bigger one.  Always needing more tanks, aren't we?
Barb

BallAquatics

Rusty Wessel was at our last club meeting talking about "Fishes of the Maya".  He was saying that the JD that was introduced into the hobby was probably the least colorful of all the wild varieties.  He showed photos of wild JD's that rivaled the EBJD and said that the EBJD breeders were breeding back to this fish trying to set the vivid colors.

Rusty always gives a great talk and brings fantastic fish to auction afterwards.  Made me wish I was still keeping cichlids some of the beautiful wild caught fish he had to auction.

PS:  Welcome to the forum Barb!   :P

Dennis