• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 04:54:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 636
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 610
Total: 610

Hello mugwump's fish world!

Started by MeteorMansGirl, August 06, 2013, 01:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeteorMansGirl

I'm a beginner aquarist, only have owned two tanks for almost a year now. I'm joining this site hoping to find a hobbiest who breeds dwarf gourami.  I prefer to get my fish from breeders instead of from pet shops that don't know much about the fish they sell.

I also own a betta(Meteor Man), some orange glolight tetras, a few guppies, some kuhli loaches, a rainbow shark, chinese algae eater, and 3 dwarf frogs. Loving the hobby so far!

:)

Mugwump

Welcome aboard! I think someone here was keeping gourami, it might have been Ron??..I'm sure that somebody will chime in....
   Nice assortment of fish. I'm glad that you're enjoying the hobby, we all love it too.   ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mir

Welcome!!! Cute username, lol. ;D

I also have a betta. He is in my avatar pic. I don't have a lot of fish atm but I have some guppies and plecos as well. :)
<3 Miranda

Quote from: Mugwumpremember, youre fish can't scream 'what are you doing to me!'

wiggs

Welcome aboard. We all have alot of fun here and there are people that know, where you can find almost anything, that your looking for.   
Jan

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

P4Angels2

Welcome to this awesome forum be prepared for fun and a lot of laughs just to find what your looking for!!!! You will find it but may take some antic's to get it

Ron Sower

Welcome to our madhouse.  It's a great group of hobbyists and professionals here. It's like a homeplace.

Yes I have 4 adult Sparkling Gouramies that I put in a one gallon globe with a few plants and substrate.  Within a few days I saw fry in the bowl and learned it's a lot easier to net adult fish out of a flat sided container than a globe...!!!  I did finally separate them and let the fry graze on the microbes in the bowl.  All of them eventually died off.....until I noticed a couple weeks ago, the day before I was going to dump the globe and start over, there was a single juvie over 3/8" long with the perfect body shape of the adult...!!  He's still in there and feeding off whatever grows naturally.  I did put in a couple shrimp; perhaps they are a sexed pair and will provide some live food shrimplets for him.

That's my only experience with gouramies.   And they did all of the work themselves. 
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

b125killer

Scott

ilroost

Welcome to the forum! Hope to see you around often

Barb

Welcome!  Glad you have joined us  :)
Barb