• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 08:06:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,342
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 608
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 607
Total: 607

Good Friday

Started by wsantia1, April 10, 2020, 05:56:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It's Friday and the good one at that. I am feeling a quite a bit better this morning though only about 75%. I'll take it and try to take it easy also.

I've come to the conclusion that I must eliminate my bottom tanks. I just can't get down there anymore. Thanks everyone for your well wishes.

The coffee was great here this morning. It currently 42 degrees and sunny with the high temp forecasted to be 51 by this afternoon. The downside is that we will have wind gust up to 35 mph.

That means I will be indoors most of the day and that's how I get in trouble. I must remind myself constantly to steer clear of anything heavy for a few more days.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I'm glad you're feeling better, Willie.  After I spent yesterday ass sitting and another back to bed early last night I've got my energy back today.  It's nice to feel human again.

It was It went from shorts and tank top weather to blue jeans and jacket weather today.  We did get a little rain last night. 

I've got a customer this afternoon.  At least that made me spiff up the house enough to make it presentable.  I need to go to the drug store and the hardware store afterward,
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...Goooooood Morning!....

...59 >>>> 75 today and lots of sunshine...

...This may be the day I plant the cacti and succulents we bought at the Arboretum 2 days ago....more reading, too...

...and more putzing with the hardscape pieces...I know it seems like it's taking me forever, but the Gorilla Glue takes a couple or more hours to cure, and 24 hours to set good...so I assemble a couple pieces and apply glue, then go off to something else, coming back to it later to see how well it has done...then I glue some more...repeat....

...Willie, when we bought this house and started putting stuff in cabinets and closets, I told Lucy that I would like us to put all our most used items in the upper level cabinets...that was because of bending over to get things hurts my back...

...when I designed my fishroom/office I designed it so that I had very little bending over to do...I have added canister filters back into my system...but I also have 2 rolling desk chairs in the room so that I can sit and retrieve them with little bending...

...all this has  made a wonderful difference for me...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 10, 2020, 09:04:24 AM
I'm glad you're feeling better, Willie.  After I spent yesterday ass sitting and another back to bed early last night I've got my energy back today.  It's nice to feel human again.

It was It went from shorts and tank top weather to blue jeans and jacket weather today.  We did get a little rain last night. 

I've got a customer this afternoon.  At least that made me spiff up the house enough to make it presentable.  I need to go to the drug store and the hardware store afterward,

Thanks Liz.
Willie

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on April 10, 2020, 10:21:06 AM

...This may be the day I plant the cacti and succulents we bought at the Arboretum 2 days ago....more reading, too...

...and more putzing with the hardscape pieces...I know it seems like it's taking me forever, but the Gorilla Glue takes a couple or more hours to cure, and 24 hours to set good...so I assemble a couple pieces and apply glue, then go off to something else, coming back to it later to see how well it has done...then I glue some more...repeat....

...Willie, when we bought this house and started putting stuff in cabinets and closets, I told Lucy that I would like us to put all our most used items in the upper level cabinets...that was because of bending over to get things hurts my back...

...when I designed my fishroom/office I designed it so that I had very little bending over to do...I have added canister filters back into my system...but I also have 2 rolling desk chairs in the room so that I can sit and retrieve them with little bending...

Good idea Ron. Just moved a rolling chair down into the basement.
Willie

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 10, 2020, 10:51:14 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on April 10, 2020, 10:21:06 AM

Good idea Ron. Just moved a rolling chair down into the basement.
|^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Good afternoon Willie, Liz and Ron.  I had planned to garden today, high of 60 and sunny.  But so windy I can't be out and enjoy the yard.  Things are blowing around too, like trash cans.  I am no wind lover.  Maybe tomorrow.  But I have plenty to do inside.  Take care of yourselves,
Barb :)

Babers

Good afternoon everyone. Wife wants to go grocery shopping today. We will be in and out. Been a lazy day today. But water changes has been done early this morning.

Glad you feel better Willie
Joel

LizStreithorst

I rarely use the tanks on my bottom rack any more because the bending hurts me, too. 

I feel like I did nothing because I've done no physical labor today except make the house presentable, do a load of laundry, and  groom a little dog.  I went to the hardware store for gardening supplies, the pharmacy for blood pressure meds, and the supermarket for a few things I've been craving.  I feel like I've wasted the day but I just now put the meal of the day on.  I guess I've been busy enough huh

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 10, 2020, 04:50:08 PM
I rarely use the tanks on my bottom rack any more because the bending hurts me, too. 

I feel like I did nothing because I've done no physical labor today except make the house presentable, do a load of laundry, and  groom a little dog.  I went to the hardware store for gardening supplies, the pharmacy for blood pressure meds, and the supermarket for a few things I've been craving.  I feel like I've wasted the day but I just now put the meal of the day on.  I guess I've been busy enough huh
...absolutely!...you almost got the the point of overdoing it!...now time for  w!w mim
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Ron, if I have to rest for two days after a couple days of hard work, it's worth it.  Getting done what must be done is way is more satisfying than doing nothing.  As long as what I am able to do only takes a couple of day's of resting it will make my muscles stronger.  Another day of resting up will do you no harm.

I am joining you now in mim and w!w

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 10, 2020, 07:17:30 PM
Ron, if I have to rest for two days after a couple days of hard work, it's worth it.  Getting done what must be done is way is more satisfying than doing nothing.  As long as what I am able to do only takes a couple of day's of resting it will make my muscles stronger.  Another day of resting up will do you no harm.

I am joining you now in mim and w!w.
...funny thing!...when Lucy comes up with a project that requires my physical labor, I immediately register it in my mind how long it will take to get my back feeling better...1/2 day, 1 day, 2 days....full week....then I let her know...!!! :D :D :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron