• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 11:55:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 636
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 598
Total: 598

Plat Albino idiots

Started by Mugwump, May 08, 2013, 02:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

I have a product called "No Planaria" that I use in my shrimp tank. I believe it's a plant derivative. I wonder if it would work with fry. It doesn't harm the shrimp.

Here's a link... http://greenleafaquariums.com/aquarium-shrimp-spawning/no-planaria-aquarium.html
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: Frank The Plumber on May 09, 2013, 04:10:16 PM
They can take a fry at 3 weeks old and just wipe it out. Gruesome to see.

I've never experienced that.....how do danio breeders get away with it?....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Frank The Plumber

Do you still have the turqs you purchased from me in the fall Jon?
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Mugwump

Quote from: Frank The Plumber on May 09, 2013, 07:42:07 PM
Do you still have the turqs you purchased from me in the fall Jon?

I have a few, they're pairing off now....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on May 09, 2013, 06:31:26 PM
.....how do danio breeders get away with it?....

I've have planaria from time to time, but never any that eat fry!  They are only around in the "small" Danio tanks..... the bigger species eat them all.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on May 09, 2013, 08:13:24 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on May 09, 2013, 06:31:26 PM
.....how do danio breeders get away with it?....

I've have planaria from time to time, but never any that eat fry!  They are only around in the "small" Danio tanks..... the bigger species eat them all.

Dennis

Thanks, Dennis...I think Frank is playing the devil's advocate ??, I see no harm, especially since I've had no past issues with planaria before...might be worth a try, at least..?

Jon

Frank The Plumber

I think you are going to want to bred them together. These are a critical piece of a situation you may not fully be aware you are involved in. I don't think you will protest too much though. It should become apparent at around day 45 to 60.
This project requires alphas and omegas. Only I have alphas and omegas. You currently have 2 omegas. There are some who have 1 alpha. There are currently 3 alphas and 9 omegas. The capacity of this equates to 70 plus phenotypes.

Once you set the omegas you will have 2 alphas.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Frank The Plumber

I had some sort of a flatworm that would take fry. 3 week old angel fry.

Frank The Plumber

BillT

QuoteI had some sort of a flatworm that would take fry. 3 week old angel fry.

How big were those flatworms Frank?
Also how big are angles at that age?

Frank The Plumber

If the angels are primarily blue you have 3 omegas. I knew I posted on this thread for some reason. I have to get a picture of these worms.

Mugwump

Quote from: Frank The Plumber on May 10, 2013, 06:48:30 AM
If the angels are primarily blue you have 3 omegas. I knew I posted on this thread for some reason. I have to get a picture of these worms.

LOL....more coffee...more coffee.... ;D
Jon

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on May 09, 2013, 06:00:30 PM
I have a product called "No Planaria" that I use in my shrimp tank. I believe it's a plant derivative. I wonder if it would work with fry. It doesn't harm the shrimp.

Here's a link... http://greenleafaquariums.com/aquarium-shrimp-spawning/no-planaria-aquarium.html

Thanks Pauline, good find....
Jon