• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 08:49:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 538
Total: 538

Friday Morn'n coffee

Started by Mugwump, January 05, 2018, 05:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..good morn'n everyone ...another cold day, but the coffee is very, very, very good  |^|

The severe cold continues for a lot of us here....be safe, it's dangerous ....and watch your pets and critters too..I'm seeing that even Florida has been getting the bad temps....

...wonder how the fish farms there are coping with it...?

....  -5 below here, we might see a high of 8degs... huh...crashing to -12 below tonight....hopefully the winds will hold off....we don't need those killing wind chills.....plus the last time, a few years ago, it beat up the fruit trees and bushes terribly bad......ours struggled for to recover, and still haven't fully come back to normal.....and now this .....

...some errands later on today...need more coffee...... |^|.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

Coffee's great. Finished my second cup already.

I'm doing fun stuff today:

1) Stopping at two kite shops today to kinda see what's up.
2) Checking out charcoal burning smokers. (We can't use Gale's gas fired one in competitions).
3) Researching action jobs on my black powder shooting irons. I need the actions slicked up a little, I think. LOL

For now . . . . more coffee.

wsantia1

Good morning. Coffee is great here. Cold, cold, cold. Single digits but with the wind it puts us into negative numbers. The temps are supposed to drop some more before we snap out of it on Tuesday.

Hate it but I have some errands to run so I will be out and about.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 05, 2018, 05:47:59 AM
Good morning. Coffee is great here. Cold, cold, cold. Single digits but with the wind it puts us into negative numbers. The temps are supposed to drop some more before we snap out of it on Tuesday.

Hate it but I have some errands to run so I will be out and about.

...be safe....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

The coffee is going down good today.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on January 05, 2018, 06:05:29 AM
The coffee is going down good today.

...I know...here too....we're on pot #2..... |^|   MMMMmmmmmMMMM...
Jon

Mugwump

...anyone else take Vit C.....?....or another supplement ?....the 'C' does help, especially over the winter... |^|
Jon

Barb

Sunny here today, but with 18 degrees or less, and way colder tonight, no melting in sight.  We are snowed and iced in.  Maybe Monday will be a bit of melting.  No snowplows on our street yet, just lots of ice, snow, frozen slush, very dangerous out there.   We aren't used to this here.  Yesterday was snow right down to the ocean, waves coming in on snow.  VERY rare here.

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on January 05, 2018, 08:52:02 AM
Sunny here today, but with 18 degrees or less, and way colder tonight, no melting in sight.  We are snowed and iced in.  Maybe Monday will be a bit of melting.  No snowplows on our street yet, just lots of ice, snow, frozen slush, very dangerous out there.   We aren't used to this here.  Yesterday was snow right down to the ocean, waves coming in on snow.  VERY rare here.

...just batten the hatches and make cookies  :).....Jan's making cupcakes at the moment  |^|.. it warmed up to -2 below......LOL

..by the forecast, we'll get our next snow/ice on Sunday.... huh
Jon

Ron Sower

...Good morning all you frozen chosen people....!...58 here now and should be around 75 later today, representing a drop from 79 yesterday... |eat|

...Going to the back-cracker again today...I'll see about running the 1/4" tubing under the house for the rain barrel & work on making some palm trees for the spring fling later...then some dinner with "the group" at a Chinese buffet this evening...

...all you folks on the east coast hang on tight and try to stay inside and warm...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on January 05, 2018, 10:13:29 AM
...Good morning all you frozen chosen people....!...58 here now and should be around 75 later today, representing a drop from 79 yesterday... |eat|

...Going to the back-cracker again today...I'll see about running the 1/4" tubing under the house for the rain barrel & work on making some palm trees for the spring fling later...then some dinner with "the group" at a Chinese buffet this evening...

...all you folks on the east coast hang on tight and try to stay inside and warm...

...thanks Ron, just got back from a couple errands.....bbrrrr.....but the sun is out....LOL....like it makes a real difference... huh

...I hope your back is feel'n better.... |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on January 05, 2018, 10:59:53 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on January 05, 2018, 10:13:29 AM

...thanks Ron, just got back from a couple errands.....bbrrrr.....but the sun is out....LOL....like it makes a real difference... huh

...I hope your back is feel'n better.... |^|
...back's about the same...pain in the morning when I first get up...sit in straight back chair for 30 mins or so and it's better...then slowly downhill through the rest of the day...I realize eventually I'm going to have to do something more invasive to try to get a fix...probably sooner than later would be better... :(
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron