• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 02:38:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 542
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 537
Total: 537

Tuesday morn'n coffee...

Started by Mugwump, January 02, 2018, 05:08:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...good morning everyone... :)

The coffee is very good....good stuff  |^|

....cold out....we'll start the day at -12 below like yesterday, but lighter winds, so far....they're say'n we might hit 8degs later..... huh

...just a couple errands this morning....then some fish room putz'n......

..need more coffee now......... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Morning Jon.  We're at -13°, that a degree colder than you...  how did that happen.   huh

I need to run all over today, but don't really want to go out in this weather.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 02, 2018, 06:12:11 AM
Morning Jon.  We're at -13°, that a degree colder than you...  how did that happen.   huh

I need to run all over today, but don't really want to go out in this weather.

Dennis

....we just dropped to -13 also.... huh...glad the winds have so far tapered off.... |^|

..careful out there.....
Jon

wsantia1

Good morning all. Coffee is great this morning. It is 13 degrees on the plus side here with windchills bringing down to zero. Now we have to watchout for a developing Nor'easter coming up the coast. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

15 above here.  Coffee's sure good, though.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 02, 2018, 07:23:14 AM
15 above here.  Coffee's sure good, though.

+1....pot #2 here  :).....excellent coffee.... |^|

..how's the chickens?.....find a heater for the coop....?

Jon

Mugwump

Jan says that up here they use heat lamps mounted high....? huh
Jon

LizStreithorst

The chickens aren't bothered by the cold.  If it were in the minus degrees like you have, they'd need more heat.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 02, 2018, 07:51:39 AM
The chickens aren't bothered by the cold.  If it were in the minus degrees like you have, they'd need more heat.

..interesting......
Jon

Ron Sower

...guess I missed the morning chat here...got up and had to go to the Monday morning meeting...yes, Mugs...I know it's Tuesday, but since yesterday was a holiday officially, they moved Monday to Tuesday!!!!...It's great being retired, cause it just doesn't make a sh--!  :P

...had to go to the meeting because they announced the candidates for the open board positions...2 positions and 5 candidates.... since I'm one of them I felt I should be there....yes, I know what I'm getting into...but since I live here year 'round, I'd like to have a say in what happens here...Usually they can barely find just enough candidates to fill the open slots...

...after the meeting I helped take down the exterior Christmas decorations around the clubhouse...

...then we took Mindy to The San Tan Flat restaurant to meet up with her sister and BIL...they'll take her to the airport tomorrow...

...Mindy's the one whose husband died  about 5 weeks ago up in WA...it's remarkable how she talked about many of the funny things they did together and good times they had without breaking down...then I found out later she'd been stepping away for the wet-eyed moments...it hurts me to know how others hurt with the loss of a loved one....

...while at lunch I met a lady who took the pic below...she had lived in ROANOKE, VA...she lived there right after I left the area to move to Seattle...her Uncle who was with her used to call on some of the same customers I did when I was selling back there...!  small world...!

...anyway great 3-hour lunch...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Great photo Ron.  It's nice to see folks enjoying themselves.   |^|

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 03, 2018, 01:20:38 AM
Great photo Ron.  It's nice to see folks enjoying themselves.   |^|

Dennis

+1.... |^|
Jon