• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 01:18:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 535
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 536
Total: 536

Wednesday coffee==>>

Started by Mugwump, December 27, 2017, 05:06:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...the coffee is hot and very, very good...... 8)

... it's -5 below at the moment, and we'll have a single digit high for today......bbrrrrr......other than a quick errand this morning to feed Kasey's fish, we'll be staying inside.... |^|

..some water changes this morn'n, and fry moving....it's time to separate them...

....and now, of course, more coffee......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

...Pot #2.....and it's -9 below now......bbrrrrr.....these are January temps, I sure hope we don't get another brutally cold winter....last time it damaged the 'berry' bushes and plants....took a couple years for the big blackberry bush to recover .... wfwf
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

..hey hey...heat wave...LOL...back up to -6......Tahoe started pretty good, despite sitting out there.... |^|

..off to run a couple errands............ wfwf....not much moving out there as yet....I imagine there's more than a few dead batteries around town  huh
Jon

Ron Sower

...my tea is good today...54 right now...70 S/B the high today...

...trip to Lowe's for some parts to plumb the RO line to the barrel...then stop at welding supply for CO2 tank exchange...and putzing around with other errands....

...Mugs, don't think I could bear living there with those winter temps...you're a brave man, you are...! |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on December 27, 2017, 10:07:07 AM
...Mugs, don't think I could bear living there with those winter temps...you're a brave man, you are...! |^|

...t'ain't bad after you get used to it......but the older one gets seems to make the "used to" a little harder some years....
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on December 27, 2017, 10:18:03 AM

...t'ain't bad after you get used to it......but the older one gets seems to make the "used to" a little harder some years....
...I just know that we were sitting on the beach in Hawaii in April of 2016, I looked over at Lucy and said, "I really don't want to spend another long, dreary, cool, rainy winter in Seattle area. I want to retire and move somewhere that has warm weather most of the year." She looked at me in amazement and said, "Really?", and I said, "Yep!".....Considering that there are about 9-10 months of that gloomy weather in Seattle and only about 2 months of near decent warmth and sunshine, I think we made the right move...!    At least for us! 8)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on December 27, 2017, 10:29:36 AM

...I just know that we were sitting on the beach in Hawaii in April of 2016, I looked over at Lucy and said, "I really don't want to spend another long, dreary, cool, rainy winter in Seattle area. I want to retire and move somewhere that has warm weather most of the year." She looked at me in amazement and said, "Really?", and I said, "Yep!".....Considering that there are about 9-10 months of that gloomy weather in Seattle and only about 2 months of near decent warmth and sunshine, I think we made the right move...!    At least for us! 8)

...when we were kids....we didn't even feel it.....just went out sledding anyway...... huh
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on December 27, 2017, 10:31:50 AM

...when we were kids....we didn't even feel it.....just went out sledding anyway...... huh
...same here, but with temps in the teens and 20's...
...thing is...we're not kids any more...my body keeps telling me...! wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf

...now I'm remembering one day we were sledding dawn a rather large hill on a farm that was still in the city...we had old tires burning at the top...
...somewhere we'd gotten an old large round Coke sign and we were creating a slide from the top of the hill to the bottom...must have been a deeper snow than normal because we had to make successive trips down to create the slickest and long "runway", each time extending it a few yards farther...about 25-35 yards from the bottom of the hill there was a small creek running through the pasture... way off in the distance...

...well, after successive slides down and the long arduous trudges back up that long hill, we loaded up the Coke sign with about 4 of us, my brother on the back and I in the center, and made what became the last trip down for that day....

...all of us were holding on for dear life...my brother had his forearm wrapped around my head in a way that covered my eyes...everyone was screaming and carrying on...I pulled his arm down so I could see out and immediately put it back up over my eyes...this was going to be the longest and farthest ride of the day!...actually plowing and extending the run another 25 yard or so....right into the creek...!!!

...when we hit I ended up at the bottom of the heap in the creek on my side and my brother was standing on me and holding onto the only tree around and he was barely wet...my whole side was soaked...it was cold...and although it stank to high Heaven, I was never so glad to trudge back up that looonnng hill and get by the tire fire to warm up...I don't think I fully dried out and it was a long walk home that day....!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on December 27, 2017, 10:47:37 AM

...thing is...we're not kids any more...my body keeps telling me...! wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf

.....yup.....I know the fell'n some days.....you say 'go'!...and your body says 'go what?'......
Jon

waterboy

Quote from: Mugwump on December 27, 2017, 10:55:08 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on December 27, 2017, 10:47:37 AM

.....yup.....I know the fell'n some days.....you say 'go'!...and your body says 'go what?'......

Some days I say "go" and it says "are you kidding"

Yes It gets that way sometimes.  It's not really the cold that gets you, it is the wind. If it is calm colder doesn't hurt. If there is a little wind, even moderately cold is a bummer.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.