• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 08:05:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,337
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 609
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 597
Total: 597

What just peachie weather....

Started by Mugwump, January 27, 2013, 06:57:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

So far today, we've had rain..sleet..snow..thunder...lightning...high wind gusts...just a lovely day in the neighborhood........there's a half inch of ice on my front walk and stairs..every tree is covered in ice, and icicles.....I've managed to smack our tv dish a couple times, but now it's a matter of time before a tree falls on a power line, or another big gust just snaps one....ain't it just grand???....... :o
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Yea this weather sucks. We had dinner plans with some friends but I canceled. I can drive in snow but i'm not driving if it's freezing rain if I can help it. So I stayed home and played with the fish and built another stand. I got a 80 gallon acrylic clarity plus divided tank off craigslist and it needed a stand. I made the stand taller than the other so I can put tanks under it. There is a 20 long and 10 under it now but I think I'm going to put the 29 under it before it's all said and done.

Scott

Mugwump

Shazam!!..that looks good...I like the divided tank too.....sweeeet find
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I cut out the 2x4s and put the top and bottom rails on the cutouts. Like your stand are made. I showed Dan and he said He would of never thought of that. I said that's why I like to go look at other peoples fish room. I learn so much from others.
Scott

Mir

Oh my goodness... today in Kansas it's like 70? out and so wonderfully warm and humid! I feel so happy! I don't know what happened. It was below freezing a few days ago but... wow. Yeah, you can all be jealous! ;D
<3 Miranda

Quote from: Mugwumpremember, youre fish can't scream 'what are you doing to me!'

PaulineMi

Insane weather here too.  We've had snow and ice since Friday.  Tomorrow it's going to be in the 50's!!!

Nice use of free time B125.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Same temp swings here too...40's today, 50's tomorrow...then 20's and snow....I give up... ;D
Jon

ilroost

love the tank and stand scott. Now you need to fill them up