• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 03:34:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 930
  • Online ever: 930
  • (Today at 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 849
Total: 849

Coffee on a Sunday morn'n....

Started by Mugwump, September 27, 2015, 06:17:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...A great cup of coffee this morn'n...MMMMmmmmm....Another beautiful day coming up here, mid 70's..with a nice breeze.....water changes early, then just putz'n around.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Pot #2......and an excellent pot of coffee it is...... 8)

y'all are sleepy heads......sheesh...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

No sleepy head here  ;D  Laundry partially done, breakfast and dishes done, dog fed, bed made...I think I need a nap. Lol.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

Just got home from the hospitol and trying to catch up on some work.....  Updated Mugwumps software so we are all set on here!  Lots of weekend IT work to do next.

My wife is still on the ventalator, but we are at the limit to the amount of time that she can be intubated.  She is very unresponsive, but we are thinking it is due to the sedation.  They pause the sedation at least once every 12 hours for what is called a "sedation vacation" and try to get her to respond to simple commands, squeeze my fnger, etc.  So far not much luck with that.....

The pulmonologist says she sounds as though her pneumonia is all cleared up, but he won't commit as to weather she will ever get off the ventalator.  I know that she does not want to be kept alive by a machine, but like I told my kids, she has never given up on any of us and I'm not ready to give up on her.

Back in 2005, her pulmonologist at the time, told us she would be luck if she had 5 more years so I've known this day was coming.  Mom tells me I should be thankful that we had an extra 5 years together and I guess I should but it feels like little comfort at this time.

So with all that said, she is going for surgery for what they call a Trach & PEG. The thought being that this will allow her to get strong enough to breathe on her own again.  Lord, I hope I'm doing the right thing.....

Thanks again folks for all your support.

Dennis

wsantia1

I've been up a while. Checked in earlier and no one was home. huh Coffee pot # 1 down and number 2 will be on the burner soon.

Gloomy weather here. Temps are fine but it is cloudy and windy and that wind is blowing all of that ragweed pollen everywhere setting off my allergies. ???

Some work to do downstairs cleaning up and rearranging the furniture. Pulled a pair of young Plats out of my 75 yesterday but I still have to setup a permanent breeding tank for them. While I am at it I'll probably put my Mana x's back to work again. mim
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

wsantia1

Quote from: BallAquatics on September 27, 2015, 08:17:03 AM
Just got home from the hospitol and trying to catch up on some work.....  Updated Mugwumps software so we are all set on here!  Lots of weekend IT work to do next.

My wife is still on the ventalator, but we are at the limit to the amount of time that she can be intubated.  She is very unresponsive, but we are thinking it is due to the sedation.  They pause the sedation at least once every 12 hours for what is called a "sedation vacation" and try to get her to respond to simple commands, squeeze my fnger, etc.  So far not much luck with that.....

The pulmonologist says she sounds as though her pneumonia is all cleared up, but he won't commit as to weather she will ever get off the ventalator.  I know that she does not want to be kept alive by a machine, but like I told my kids, she has never given up on any of us and I'm not ready to give up on her.

Back in 2005, her pulmonologist at the time, told us she would be luck if she had 5 more years so I've known this day was coming.  Mom tells me I should be thankful that we had an extra 5 years together and I guess I should but it feels like little comfort at this time.

So with all that said, she is going for surgery for what they call a Trach & PEG. The thought being that this will allow her to get strong enough to breathe on her own again.  Lord, I hope I'm doing the right thing.....

Dennis

Dennis my prayers are with you and your family.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on September 27, 2015, 07:59:19 AM
No sleepy head here  ;D  Laundry partially done, breakfast and dishes done, dog fed, bed made...I think I need a nap. Lol.

Ditto, Pauline...now I'm looking to do water changes...after my big bowl of 'Wheaties' tho.... 8)
Jon

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on September 27, 2015, 08:17:03 AM

Dennis

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family too, Dennis....take care of yourself...don't get run down....
Jon

BallAquatics

Thanks guys.  I think I'm doing pretty good all things considered.

Dennis

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 27, 2015, 08:19:27 AM

Pulled a pair of young Plats out of my 75 yesterday but I still have to setup a permanent breeding tank for them.

The young Plats are spawning right now. mim was not able to set up their tank yet. At least they spawned on a slate. |^|
Willie

BillT

Hoping for the best Dennis.

Hang in there.

b125killer

My thoughts and prayers to you and your family Dennis.
I've been busy today. Working on plumbing the saltwater tank. It's not a drilled tank but I think i found a way around that. Just need to wait for the rest of my parts for the sump. Also filling up a can with the dry live rock. Going to start cycling it. It takes a long time to fill up the can with ro water. It's been on for hours. Did water changes on the angels  and discus. Now just sitting here admiring  my work.
Scott

Barb

Dennis, I am still keeping you and your wife in my thoughts and prayers too. 
Barb

LizStreithorst

The candles are still burning, Dennis.
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

Dennis I am praying for you and your wife.....sending positive thoughts your way.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)