• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 22, 2024, 12:33:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,365
  • Total Topics: 18,546
  • Online today: 848
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 815
Total: 815

Friday's coffee time

Started by Mugwump, September 25, 2015, 05:04:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

.....Coffee is good this morn'n...MMMMmmm  ...nothing special planned for the day, so we'll take it as it comes... ;D ...It's supposed to be in the 70's again, great weather here.... |^|

I'll do the fry water changes, and then we might cruise a few garage sales??...perhaps I'll check the snow blower and clean it up for winter?...move a few old tanks from the back for trash pick up..? a couple have cracked glass and I'm not going to repair them...the seam leakers I'll recaulk tho...and there is only a couple of those..

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Was up late (Giants v. Redskins) and now I'm up early. Getting ready for the first cup, it's brewing. I guarantee it will be good. I can smell it. I'll go for a short walk with Kobe and then go putzing downstairs in the fishroom. Expecting 4  more Beamsworks LED lights today via UPS. That will leave me with only 2 tanks running fluorescent lighting.  |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 25, 2015, 05:25:55 AM
Was up late (Giants v. Redskins) and now I'm up early. Getting ready for the first cup, it's brewing. I guarantee it will be good. I can smell it. I'll go for a short walk with Kobe and then go putzing downstairs in the fishroom. Expecting 4  more Beamsworks LED lights today via UPS. That will leave me with only 2 tanks running fluorescent lighting.  |^|

I need more too....but it's a slow process replacing them all here....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on September 25, 2015, 05:52:27 AM

I need more too....but it's a slow process replacing them all here....

Well you do have about 5X the amount of tanks that I have. :o
Willie

GraphicGr8s

Jon, how many tanks do you have?
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on September 25, 2015, 11:06:35 AM
Jon, how many tanks do you have?

Running at the moment...??....about 40+....??....
Jon

GraphicGr8s

So we run about neck and neck most of the time. Hopefully next week I get the next rack built and get the 40B and 2 more 22 breeders running. I am thinking about seriously choosing one fish and breeding quality specimens. Right now it's all hodge podge with little direction. 15 tanks with guppies yet not really committed to keeping male and female separate and serious culling.

Then of course the angels and other fish that are here and there.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on September 25, 2015, 01:31:51 PM
So we run about neck and neck most of the time. Hopefully next week I get the next rack built and get the 40B and 2 more 22 breeders running. I am thinking about seriously choosing one fish and breeding quality specimens. Right now it's all hodge podge with little direction. 15 tanks with guppies yet not really committed to keeping male and female separate and serious culling.

Then of course the angels and other fish that are here and there.

...most of ours are better than 20 gal each.....and only two of those at the moment...
Jon

wsantia1

Expecting 4  more Beamsworks LED lights today via UPS. That will leave me with only 2 tanks running fluorescent lighting.  |^|

The lighting arrived and I unpacked and setup the 48 inch ones for my latest 55s. I was happy to see that they changed their power supply from a 2 piece type with a big transformer to a single one piece adapter much like you find on most small electrical devices and the lighting is still bright to my eyes. |^| |^| |^| I also got two 24 inch ones for my 20 gallon breeders that I have yet to set up.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 25, 2015, 01:49:18 PM
Expecting 4  more Beamsworks LED lights today via UPS. That will leave me with only 2 tanks running fluorescent lighting.  |^|

The lighting arrived and I unpacked and setup the 48 inch ones for my latest 55s. I was happy to see that they changed their power supply from a 2 piece type with a big transformer to a single one piece adapter much like you find on most small electrical devices and the lighting is still bright to my eyes. |^| |^| |^| I also got two 24 inch ones for my 20 gallon breeders that I have yet to set up.

Pics of the power supply now.....I have the old style here...
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on September 25, 2015, 02:23:59 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on September 25, 2015, 01:49:18 PM

Pics of the power supply now.....I have the old style here...

From left to right - The first P/S, the 2nd P/S, today's P/S. The first P/S was a DC12, the middle one was a DC15 and the right one (today's) was also a DC12.

The first two connected at a middle point in the line. The latest one connects directly into the housing. All of these belong to Beams Works 48 inch LEDs.

The lighting for the middle one does not have a blue light but has two levels of white lighting. At its brightest level it is not brighter than the new lighting.
Willie

Mugwump

Nice....thanks for the pics.... 8)
Jon