• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 05:03:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 707
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 592
Total: 592

Sunday eats....

Started by Mugwump, May 29, 2016, 07:01:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...need some suggestions for today's meal on the grill here..... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

I'll have to give this some thought. As of now I'm going with leftover fried chicken and some macaroni salad. I may drop a can of tuna in that salad. This is all subject to change if I feel better.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I was planning on stuffed cannelloni but what with last night's oyster stew I think I've had enough creamy stuff to last me a while.  Thank goodness I picked up a T bone, a baking potato and some green beans at the store yesterday.  I'll steam the beans and make the steak and tater on the Smokey Joe.  Wish me luck.  I'm a fearful griller.  I didn't realize grilling was an art that will take a long time for me to master.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 29, 2016, 09:08:56 AM
I was planning on stuffed cannelloni but what with last night's oyster stew I think I've had enough creamy stuff to last me a while.  Thank goodness I picked up a T bone, a baking potato and some green beans at the store yesterday.  I'll steam the beans and make the steak and tater on the Smokey Joe.  Wish me luck.  I'm a fearful griller.  I didn't realize grilling was an art that will take a long time for me to master.

...remember you can part the coals to two sides leaving a trough to put things on so they don't cook too fast on the under side.....put a shaped piece of foil in the trough to catch drippings too....great technique for chicken, etc.....a nail in the bakers wrapped in foil helps em cook better too.....on my Webers, I left the bottom vents a touch over half open, then regulated with the top vent.....and that was 1/2 open too most times, it gives meat a chance to cook better without darkening too quickly.....tinker around....you have IMHO one of the best grills ever made......you'll get to love it too as you use it more.. |^|

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

The nail is a good idea.  From what I understand it's better if the tater cooks over lower heat but that they are forgiving.  The steak needs high heat, even a bit of flame to sear.  Then the cover goes on for a few minutes, the you flip the steak and let the flame come up again, let it sear and replace the cover for another few minutes.  Have I got it right?

ghonk

Ribs
Chicken Thighs
Italian Sausage
Hot Links
Potato Salad   
Cole Slaw
Spaghetti
Corn on the cob
Green Beans

I'm so tired from cooking i don't feel like eating any of it.

BallAquatics

It's getting pretty warm here so I'm thinking some thing lite and cool.....  maybe a pasta salad with some roast chicken.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 29, 2016, 10:03:23 AM
The nail is a good idea.  From what I understand it's better if the tater cooks over lower heat but that they are forgiving.  The steak needs high heat, even a bit of flame to sear.  Then the cover goes on for a few minutes, the you flip the steak and let the flame come up again, let it sear and replace the cover for another few minutes.  Have I got it right?

BOOMBA !!!!!..... |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Jon

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on May 29, 2016, 12:48:58 PM
Ribs
Chicken Thighs
Italian Sausage
Hot Links
Potato Salad   
Cole Slaw
Spaghetti
Corn on the cob
Green Beans

I'm so tired from cooking i don't feel like eating any of it.

LOL....damn, Greg......that's a feast... w!w w!w w!w
Jon

Mugwump

...bakers are on da grill... |^| w!w |^|
Jon

wsantia1

Fried chicken, hamburgers, macaroni salad and corn on the cob. No creme cycles today. I been eating them too much and they are starting to bother me. I am lactose intolerant. I just like those a lot. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 29, 2016, 03:49:02 PM
Fried chicken, hamburgers, macaroni salad and corn on the cob. No creme cycles today. I been eating them too much and they are starting to bother me. I am lactose intolerant. I just like those a lot. huh

..get the Italian ice ones.... ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

LizStreithorst

Mine was good for a first try.  My steak came out medium well rather than medium rare.  Despite the heavy marbling it was somewhat tough.  Next time I'll buy a thicker piece of meat. 

Mugwump

,,,,bakers were really good, but I turned my back, and the one side of the pork steaks caught on fire....LOL....oh well, one side a touch crunchy isn't too bad.... wfwf
Jon