• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 02:57:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 576
Total: 576

Friday chow..??

Started by Mugwump, May 13, 2016, 05:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..who knows?....it's find your own night..... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Left over Jambalaya tonight.  Left over red beans and rice tomorrow.  Corned beef with carrots and taters made in my lovely new pressure cooker Sunday.  I have a great yearning for kidney stew.  I'll call the slaughterhouse in Hattiesburg Monday and see if they have any beef kidneys available.  I'd also like to pick up a couple of beef tongues if they have them,  maybe they'll even have spare ribs.  None of this stuff is available in supermarkets here. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 13, 2016, 06:36:55 PM
Left over Jambalaya tonight.  Left over red beans and rice tomorrow.  Corned beef with carrots and taters made in my lovely new pressure cooker Sunday.  I have a great yearning for kidney stew.  I'll call the slaughterhouse in Hattiesburg Monday and see if they have any beef kidneys available.  I'd also like to pick up a couple of beef tongues if they have them,  maybe they'll even have spare ribs.  None of this stuff is available in supermarkets here.

No spare ribs in the supermarket? Wow. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

People don't buy bone in unless it's a steak or pork ribs so they don't offer them.  I had a nice long chat with the meat manager at my supermarket.  He knows his stuff.  When he started they had a cooler where sides of beef hung.  It's not like that now.  Everything comes in prepackaged.  Regional taste vary.  Nobody cares about spareribs or pickled tongue (similar to corned beef but way better) or nasty stuff like kidneys.  C'est la vie.  At least there is a slaughter house within driving distance.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 13, 2016, 06:58:21 PM
People don't buy bone in unless it's a steak or pork ribs so they don't offer them.  I had a nice long chat with the meat manager at my supermarket.  He knows his stuff.  When he started they had a cooler where sides of beef hung.  It's not like that now.  Everything comes in prepackaged.  Regional taste vary.  Nobody cares about spareribs or pickled tongue (similar to corned beef but way better) or nasty stuff like kidneys.  C'est la vie.  At least there is a slaughter house within driving distance.

That good. At least you can get what you need. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.