• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 05:22:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 542
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 526
Total: 526

Good Afternoon Thursday

Started by wsantia1, October 01, 2020, 11:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Hi everyone. I  hope you are all doing well. It is a sunny and breezy day here in Delaware with temps currently at our forecasted high of 74 degrees. It was in the mid 50s when I got up.

Not much on the agenda today do so I did a little food shopping and in a little while I'll move a tank stand from the garage. It's a good iron stand that I have had for over 30 years. It will hold up to two 29g tanks. I have a 29 and a 20L sitting on the floor that will fit perfectly.

My shrimp tanks are being overrun by algae so I will clean that up a bit. I raised the lighting up a bit higher from the top of the rack to lower the lighting intensity.

The shrimp appear happy and although I don't see and babies I did see two juvies in my blue shrimp tank that I don't recall and they were about half the size of the others in the tank. The tank is heavily planted so they may have been in hiding.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Willie, today is about the best weather day I have seen since last May.  Warm and sunny, low humidity, cloudless, no wind.  Wish it would be like this always.  But that may get boring I hear.

All my fish and tanks are doing well, all 3 of them. Didn't count my little shrimp tank, it is small and self caring for the most part.  I remember and had several of those old black iron stands.  They worked great for so long.  Tank on top, tank on the bottom. They nevr broke or bent.  Just got some rust.  My first one was in 1973.  Of course I was just a kid then, lol.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Hi Willie and Barb.  I took Tink to the vet early this morning.  I spoke to Dr. Karen yesterday and told her about Tink coughing more, especially at night.  Actually a soft cough all night long and occasional coughing during the day.  Karen wanted me to double her lasix for a few days.  If that did the trick I was supposed to cut down to the double dose.  I was concerned that a double dose would dehydrate her but Karen said that it would not.

This morning Tink turned her nose up at her heart meds that she eats in peanut butter off the tip of my finger.  She looked miserable.  I texted Dr. Karen and after giving me alternatives I decided to take her to the vet hosp.  Karen was off so I would see Dr. Sara.  That was fine.  All the vets there are good.  Tink hadn't had blood work done ever so I agreed to have it done while she was there.  I had to drop her off because Sara is the only vet there on Thursday and she was booked.

Sara called me back.  Tinker's blood work was fine.  Her heart sounded like a washing machine as I expected.  So sad...But she was way dehydrated!  Sara agreed that Karen's treatment was correct but she said that we wouldn't be trying the normal thing again.  Little Tinkster has a stronger reaction to lasix than the normal small dog.  Sara wanted to give her sub-Q fluids.  Of course I agreed.

Tink was home by noon and is acting more like herself.  She's still weak from dehydration which is normal.  She has peed, drink water and peed again so she will be fine.

Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 01, 2020, 01:34:56 PM
Hi Willie and Barb.  I took Tink to the vet early this morning.  I spoke to Dr. Karen yesterday and told her about Tink coughing more, especially at night.  Actually a soft cough all night long and occasional coughing during the day.  Karen wanted me to double her lasix for a few days.  If that did the trick I was supposed to cut down to the double dose.  I was concerned that a double dose would dehydrate her but Karen said that it would not.

This morning Tink turned her nose up at her heart meds that she eats in peanut butter off the tip of my finger.  She looked miserable.  I texted Dr. Karen and after giving me alternatives I decided to take her to the vet hosp.  Karen was off so I would see Dr. Sara.  That was fine.  All the vets there are good.  Tink hadn't had blood work done ever so I agreed to have it done while she was there.  I had to drop her off because Sara is the only vet there on Thursday and she was booked.

Sara called me back.  Tinker's blood work was fine.  Her heart sounded like a washing machine as I expected.  So sad...But she was way dehydrated!  Sara agreed that Karen's treatment was correct but she said that we wouldn't be trying the normal thing again.  Little Tinkster has a stronger reaction to lasix than the normal small dog.  Sara wanted to give her sub-Q fluids.  Of course I agreed.

Tink was home by noon and is acting more like herself.  She's still weak from dehydration which is normal.  She has peed, drink water and peed again so she will be fine.

Poor Tink. Glad to hear that she is doing a little better. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Tink is a strong/tough little dog isn't she Liz?  Hope she gets better!
Barb

Ron Sower

...howdy folks...long day her for me...

...left early to go to meet the new tenant...he seems to be a pretty nice guy...STopped by to give LInda's cousin some forms to go over for medical...living wills and stuff like that...after I took care of other business there, I went back over to help him fill them out...oh heck, who am I kidding...I filled them out for him....he's almost a helpless person...! ;)

...so got home about 5.30 and we went up to the LFS to pick up some dragonstone features I'd left there on consignment so I could try to sell them at the swap on sunday...

...that's about it for today!...goodnight folks...!zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron