• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 06:35:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,337
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 636
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 454
Total: 455

Morn'n , y'all

Started by Mugwump, January 14, 2013, 06:32:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Happy Monday  ;D...it was a busy weekend, water changes, moving fry, going up for the Milw swap, acclimating fish, changing fry water again, messing around with the new substrate and rocket fuel, cleaning up hot mags, and what ever else happened along the way...LOL..but we had a good time, and got lots done, Today's going to be a semi lazy day... ;D I think I'll throw on a pot of spaghetti sauce...Mmmm..then move the Koi fry to a bigger tank....??...put some tunes on, and putz in the fishroom, and relax......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

It was a crazy busy weekend. I got all the tanks clean and put on the new filter for the hot mag. It's working good. The free floating algae in the 55 is almost cleared up. A few more water changes and it should be good to go. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get the algae off the plants. anyone have any suggestion?   
Scott

Mugwump

Algae on plants?..I either reach in and gently rub it off, while running the hot mag/Diatom filters...you can take them out and rinse/rub it off, but that's a pain...if not too populated with adult fish, throw in a fist full of BN fry...they'll clean it up...but rubbing it off is quicker...you may have to just trim the really bad leaves tho to keep it from spreading any more...
...another option is continue water changes, and leave the lights off for a few days...it'll eventually clear up, just not as fast as we'd like sometimes.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

If I leave the lights off will it hurt the other plants in the tank? I just put in a bunch of new plants in there and would hate to kill them off.
I do have a new spawn of BN's but I'm going to have to find a new spot for the F1 BN's. Or will they leave each other alone?
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on January 14, 2013, 07:37:58 AM
If I leave the lights off will it hurt the other plants in the tank? I just put in a bunch of new plants in there and would hate to kill them off.
I do have a new spawn of BN's but I'm going to have to find a new spot for the F1 BN's. Or will they leave each other alone?

Do you have a dimmer bulb?..or light to use temporarily while you tame the algae a bit?..
If the fry are small, I wouldn't mix them with much larger BN's..they will have to compete with the bigger one's for food.....and the F1's are from unrelated parents, you can sibling breed those, so you might want to keep those separate...???at least until a pair or two form...??

Jon

P4Angels

Quote from: Mugwump on January 14, 2013, 06:32:56 AM
   Happy Monday  ;D ...it was a busy weekend, water changes, moving fry, going up for the Milw swap, acclimating fish, changing fry water again, messing around with the new substrate and rocket fuel, cleaning up hot mags, and what ever else happened along the way...LOL..but we had a good time, and got lots done, Today's going to be a semi lazy day... ;D I think I'll throw on a pot of spaghetti sauce...Mmmm..then move the Koi fry to a bigger tank....??...put some tunes on, and putz in the fishroom, and relax......
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Mugwump

LOL.......I've had those too..... ;D
Jon