• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 03:07:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 563
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 557
Total: 557

Saturday's coffee moment...

Started by Mugwump, January 21, 2017, 06:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....a balmy, extremely foggy 46deg morn'n....we'll see the mid/upper 50's today.....sun??....what's that?

however the coffee is hot and very good...Mmmmm  |^|

Mostly fish room things for me today....some water changes yada yada....tunes...more coffee...

..it would be nice if the sun did peek out, we could get a long walk in for Sassy... |^|

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Coffee is great this morning. Very foggy out after all day rain yesterday. Probably cloudy today but temps will be in the mid 50s.

Will go out today with the company that I have from out of town. They are from DC and wanted no part of being down there this weekend. lol

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 21, 2017, 07:03:42 AM
Coffee is great this morning. Very foggy out after all day rain yesterday. Probably cloudy today but temps will be in the mid 50s.

Will go out today with the company that I have from out of town. They are from DC and wanted no part of being down there this weekend. lol

...I can't blame them at all....DC is a mad house now..... wfwf
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wallace

The sun is trying to make a brief appearance this morning.

I need to finish up an ugly map and then try to make some headway with the air pipes. New plumbing is fun, it does what you want.
Dan

Mugwump

The sun is out and Noah is letting us have shore leave for a day. ..... 8)...Jan's out walking Sassy right now.... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

It was a hell of of a night last night. The storms came through in the wee hours.  I have never heard such rain and the wind was blowing like crazy.  The phone went off with tornado warnings twice, the first time at 2:30.  I had dogs nest to me trembling uncontrollably and panting as if they were on the verge of heart attacks.  I decided that if it hit my house I'd rather blow away with it than start from scratch again so I stayed put and went back to sleep.

Hattiesburg got hit bad.  4 deaths.  But everything came out unscathed here.  3 or my 4 customers for today cancelled because they were exhausted from being up all night worrying.  It's beautiful out now, but they say more bad shit is coming tonight.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wallace

Liz if you heard one getting close what would you do?... is there a someplace to shelter in besides under the bed?
Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on January 21, 2017, 12:29:08 PM
Liz if you heard one getting close what would you do?... is there a someplace to shelter in besides under the bed?

good question.......maybe a storm cellar?
Jon

LizStreithorst

My little Tink hides in the laundry room when it storms and I'm not home.  It is my only room that doesn't have an outside wall.  I thought about going there last night but I was comfortable in bed and decided to just let myself blow away.

LizStreithorst

My wonderful neighbors Jack and Judy built and underground storm shelter.  They invited to share it with me if the weather got bad.  I told them the same thing that I just told y'all.  Dying doesn't frighten me.  Lingering beyond the point where I can do for myself and my animals is what worries me.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 21, 2017, 12:41:52 PM
My wonderful neighbors Jack and Judy built and underground storm shelter.  They invited to share it with me if the weather got bad.  I told them the same thing that I just told y'all.  Dying doesn't frighten me.  Lingering beyond the point where I can do for myself and my animals is what worries me.

hell, when we get get that too damn old...we'll come and start a commune.....LOL.....bring all our fish and animals and have a zoo...
Jon

LizStreithorst

That would be cool.  I wouldn't be the crazy old widow lady with a million dogs.  We'll be the crazy old animal folks.  There is power in numbers!  Only thing is, you will have to bring money.  When you can't do it yourself you have to pay to have someone do it for you.

I just found out that I need to call my tree guy.  I went out and moved the horses to the pasture with the good rye grass coming up and saw that an oak's roots were exposed on one side.  The tree is leaning toward the house.  I'm not in imminent danger but the tree is going to have to come down.  My tree guy is very good but I don't believe that he can he can do it without the help of the guy who has the big truck with the bucket that lifts him up and then grabs the parts of the tree and sets them down on the ground.  This sucks.  I'm trying to save, not spend.  I called him just now but after last night I bet he's busy working.  I'll try him again Monday.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 21, 2017, 01:34:53 PM
That would be cool.  I wouldn't be the crazy old widow lady with a million dogs.  We'll be the crazy old animal folks.  There is power in numbers!  Only thing is, you will have to bring money.  When you can't do it yourself you have to pay to have someone do it for you.

I just found out that I need to call my tree guy.  I went out and moved the horses to the pasture with the good rye grass coming up and saw that an oak's roots were exposed on one side.  The tree is leaning toward the house.  I'm not in imminent danger but the tree is going to have to come down.  My tree guy is very good but I don't believe that he can he can do it without the help of the guy who has the big truck with the bucket that lifts him up and then grabs the parts of the tree and sets them down on the ground.  This sucks.  I'm trying to save, not spend.  I called him just now but after last night I bet he's busy working.  I'll try him again Monday.

...shoot we're all on SS, that's plenty.....l |^|
Jon

wallace

I didn't want to pay a tree guy once and pulled the tree over with my truck. Tied one end of a long rope up high in the tree and the other end on the truck. Cut about half way through, pulled with truck... cut a little more... pulled... back n forth back n forth until it came down. It worked out except for the dent in the hood. I don't remember why I was going forward with the rope draping over the front  huh
Dan

BallAquatics

I used to love clearing land with a track hoe.  Once you get the hang of it you can take out big trees nothing flat.

Dennis