• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 10:12:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 528
Total: 528

Bristlenose

Started by wsantia1, April 10, 2014, 07:03:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 14, 2014, 05:12:09 PM
This male is still working those eggs. Every time I look he is in there fanning away.  This is going to be one worn out BN.  ;D

...that's what they do.... ;D....he'll ease up occasionally....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on April 14, 2014, 05:22:33 PM
This male is still working those eggs. Every time I look he is in there fanning away.  This is going to be one worn out BN.  ;D

Well I am waiting patiently.  I know they keep those fry in the caves a long time.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 14, 2014, 05:42:41 PM

Well I am waiting patiently.  I know they keep those fry in the caves a long time.

not really, you'll see wigglers soon, then a week,or so they fry begin to run around inside...then it depends on the male as to how soon he thinks that they're good enough to venture out...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on April 14, 2014, 06:08:43 PM

not really, you'll see wigglers soon, then a week,or so they fry begin to run around inside...then it depends on the male as to how soon he thinks that they're good enough to venture out...

And when can I move the cave with the male and the fry into a 5g.?  I think you told me before but the brain is low on buffer space so things don't get processed as they should. LOL
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 14, 2014, 06:16:18 PM

And when can I move the cave with the male and the fry into a 5g.?  I think you told me before but the brain is low on buffer space so things don't get processed as they should. LOL

You can pull dad/fry after the wigglers appear.....or sooner, if ya want??....I wait til wigglers..
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on April 14, 2014, 06:26:44 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on April 14, 2014, 06:16:18 PM

You can pull dad/fry after the wigglers appear.....or sooner, if ya want??....I wait til wigglers..

Thanks.  I'll set up that 5g tomorrow then. 
Willie

wsantia1

Hooray.  I have wigglers.!!! ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Mugwump

Jon

Ron Sower

Happy days are here again!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Yes indeed.  ;D ;D ;D  I just moved the cave and everything in it to a 16g bowfront.  No worry about predators in there. LOL  8)
Willie

wsantia1

Now he's in the cave with a different female.  She's younger and smaller than the other on so we'll see. :o
Willie

b125killer

Isn't he a little stud. ;D
Scott

wsantia1

Quote from: b125killer on April 24, 2014, 07:14:15 AM
Isn't he a little stud. ;D

He could be the son of Jon's "Stud Muffin" LOL.  ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Mugwump

Jon

wsantia1

It looks like this male is now tending to some albino fry.  His last spawn was with a brown female so I guess this time he lured an albino female into the cave. LOL  ;D ;D ;D My albino females are not very large yet so I think it's a small clutch.
Willie