• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 09:59:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,334
  • Total Topics: 18,537
  • Online today: 450
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 344
Total: 344

..early Sunday coffee...

Started by Mugwump, December 18, 2016, 05:10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...great coffee this morn'n   MMmmm MMMmmm   |^|

..snowed more last night, and colder now too...so a nice inside putz'n day for sure....well except for cleaning the walks, etc again.... huh

..more coffee needed before planning the day tho...  8)

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Coffee is great. The rain looks like it's stopped. It's 55 degrees this morning (new record) and going up into the 60s and then the temps will be in the upper 40s until Christmas. Rain is expected again on Thursday. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

...we'll be cold now til what?...June?...LOL

I think that I'll move fish around today....yup.....shake things up a bit... 8)

I'll need plenty of good tunes to get it done tho... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

..the plows are really out there working now....seems to be more snow than I'd thought  huh

...they put a notice out in Davenport that they wouldn't be treating roads til the weather improved....it's too cold for the chemicals to work on the roads... 
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on December 18, 2016, 06:44:56 AM
..the plows are really out there working now....seems to be more snow than I'd thought  huh

...they put a notice out in Davenport that they wouldn't be treating roads til the weather improved....it's too cold for the chemicals to work on the roads...

Doesn't sound good for you guys in my old stomping grounds.  huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Rjb3

Quote from: Mugwump on December 18, 2016, 06:44:56 AM

Davenport could melt the roads with magnesium chloride. It works down to 0 degrees F. Or, they could use calcium chloride. It works down to -25F. They must not want to spend the money. Salt is much cheaper, but only works down to 20F. Not as effective either.

LizStreithorst

I pity you poor souls.  I think it's bad here!  It was 70 at midnight and has dropped to 41 right now.  It's miserable and rainy.  I moved the horses to the other pasture because I have rye grass coming up in the pasture they were in.  It needs time to grow and toughen up a bit before I let them graze it.  There's not much to eat in the other pasture, but they've had nothing but hay and feed for months now so they're used to that.

If it stops raining I'll go out and crank the generator.  I got out the book and saw what I was doing wrong.  Other than that, I'll be keeping warm and doing house stuff.
Always move forward. Never look back.

ilroost

Cold as you know what here. Not much snow but a freezing rain last night, gave us about 1/2 inch of ice on everything

LizStreithorst

May God help send you warmer weather soon.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 18, 2016, 05:23:14 PM
May God help send you warmer weather soon.

.....won't be tonight....it's already 3 below....headed for double digit lows.....not counting wind chill........our dew point presently is 11 below...
Jon