• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 07:24:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,334
  • Total Topics: 18,537
  • Online today: 450
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 345
Total: 346

..early Sunday coffee...

Started by Mugwump, November 20, 2016, 04:59:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....22deg's this norn'n.....it's cold out there...but it's warm in here and the coffee is outta sight good....MMMmmmmm   mid 30's for a high...

...just Sunday putz'n for us....I'll get some water changes in this morn'n tho....and then I have to catch up on some paper work....

I can see a nap in there somewhere...maybe  huh

....now for more coffee....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Great coffee this morning. I slept well. Those late water changes probably did me in last night. Cold in the 30s but worse than that is the 30 mph winds from the NW. Warm in here too.

Putzing in store. Only one tank to to WC on. I have been doing a 50-60% daily water change on the Altum tank (150 G) for about a week. I'll keep it up as long as the tap water TDS is good. They are loving it. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Pot #2 here now for us.......still in my loungers....LOL....not in any hurry to get roll'n....

..might make a big pot of oats, and sugar/cinnamon toast....???
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

I've been out for walk around the neighborhood with Kobe so I am dressed. Getting ready to turn the lights on in the fishroom so they can wake up for the morning feeding.
Willie

Mugwump

...yeah....I'm getting ready to go down and get the lights on......might as well get started... huh

Jon

BallAquatics

Second pot brewing here as well.   |^|

Just about done with this weekend's IT work and I'm hoping to get to spend some quality time with the fish today.  Got my winters supply of food from Stephan yesterday, just need to get a new can of brine shrimp eggs and I should be set for the winter.

Had a really good time at the OCA this year.  They had some fantastic speakers and I got to touch base with lots of old friends and make a couple new ones!

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on November 20, 2016, 06:44:37 AM
Second pot brewing here as well.   |^|

Just about done with this weekend's IT work and I'm hoping to get to spend some quality time with the fish today.  Got my winters supply of food from Stephan yesterday, just need to get a new can of brine shrimp eggs and I should be set for the winter.

Had a really good time at the OCA this year.  They had some fantastic speakers and I got to touch base with lots of old friends and make a couple new ones!

Dennis

...glad it went well at the show.....those types of events are fun to attend.... |^|.....seeing old friends and make a new ones is the icing on the cake.. 8)
Jon

Ron Sower

...went to bed early last night -10pm...got out of bed late this morning 9am! |^| not sure what's going on but I'll take it today...! |^|...

Windy again today at around 12mph...last 2 days it's been around 20mph...71  and cloudy...we don't have many cloudy days here, but I can take it...I realized not long after I got here that the sunny days had a very strong positive impact on my psyche...until that time of realization I hadn't really thought about it much...I think I've told you here that I now realize that for the 18 years since I married Lucy and move to Seattle area I have been constantly trying to convince myself that I was happy with the "moderate" weather there...now i realize it was only the moderate temperature i was okay with...! wfwf ...I like sunshine, even on cool days!!! |^|

OH Yeah that coffee is gooooood today!

..what's really getting to me is reading your posts here about spawnings and WCs...I'm really ready for some of tha action again... 8) 8) 8)

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I actually had to close doors and windows and turn on the heat last night!  It dropped to below freezing after highs close to 80 all week long.  We got an 1/4 inch of rain 3 weeks ago and a "dust settler" 2 weeks ago.  Since then not a drop.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

..the sun's out, winds have settled down a little...but still 29deg's here....it's supposed to start warming into the 40's tomorrow til Wednesday, when it'll drop off again, and bring in the snow....fall is gone now, it's early winter...

..Sassy loves it out there....LOL..the nut..
Jon

wsantia1

Right now we are at about 40 degrees with constant 30 mph winds.  huh
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 20, 2016, 11:58:16 AM

....enjoy....LOL...we had 2-3 days of it with rain mixed in a few times............that wind bites right through your coat...
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on November 20, 2016, 12:03:00 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on November 20, 2016, 11:58:16 AM

....enjoy....LOL...we had 2-3 days of it with rain mixed in a few times............that wind bites right through your coat...

Was out in it for awhile when Kobe and I went for our daily walk around the park. That wind was rough. We usually go out to the park in any weather except rain. I didn't want to go but there would have been no peace in this house if I didn't. huh
Willie

LizStreithorst

They say that it will drop to 28 tonight!  It warmed up today to 64.

I worked all day in the fish room.  It was great.  Very relaxing...After I siliconed, I took down all the old air plumbing and cut it in small enough pieces that I could fit it into an empty feed bag to take to the corner garbage day.  Then I squeezed out all 45 sponges in the fish room.  I hate that job but I kinda enjoyed it this time.  Then I gave all 24 tanks a very thorough wipe down.  I even stopped to eat lunch.  I never eat lunch!  All that's left is water change and the evening fry feeding.

It's been a lovely day.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...busy girl.....me, I've just been putz putz putz'n along....LOL
Jon