• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 05:19:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 427
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 337
Total: 337

..finally up, Thursday's coffee

Started by Mugwump, September 10, 2015, 07:15:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...slept in this morn'n.....felt good...the coffee is super good MMMMmmmm 

50's outside now....more rain later on today...we'll be putz'n and gathering the swap things up, and checking everything.....I know I'll need more bags, etc...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

I slept long and good here last night. Finally after 5 weeks we got some rain. It's supposed to rain off and on throughout the day and then the cold front comes through. THe forecast for next week will be mostly high 70s and lo 80s. |^| Coffee is great today. In fact it's always great here. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 10, 2015, 08:26:48 AM
I slept long and good here last night. Finally after 5 weeks we got some rain. It's supposed to rain off and on throughout the day and then the cold front comes through. THe forecast for next week will be mostly high 70s and lo 80s. |^| Coffee is great today. In fact it's always great here. |^| |^| |^|

...You'll get more rain and cooler weather soon, Willie....it'll be passing through here the next few days..... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

I'm up and kicking again today...! Coffee's good here in the Northwest!

I went to a chiropractor for the first time in my life yesterday. I've been told for so long that they weren't necessary, but I still experienced pain. So I took my MRI summary in to him and he did his exam and finally said...I know I can help you. Well, okay, then! Let's do it!

So he did some manipulations on my back using a table that stretched my lower body down and up with me face down on it. And then used a hand tool of some kind to knock on my back up and down laterally to the spine. Last night I felt like I'd been doing a lot of manual labor.  This morning I popped out of bed with almost no pain!  We'll see how the day goes!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

That's great Ron.  Here's hoping you have a fantastic day!

Dennis

Mugwump

That's good to hear Ron.....I hope it lasts a while now... |^|

And it's rain'n like a cow pee'n on a flat rock right now......and boomers in the distance moving closer......
Jon

wsantia1

Glad to hear you are feeling better for now Ron. |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

Hope you continue to be comfortable with the chiro treatments Ron. I went that route for awhile also. The stretching traction thing.....was pleasantly surprised at how much it helped. My Dad had that treatment a few years before I did. I thought it was a bunch of hogwash when he told me about it. Boy was I wrong.

Went for a bike ride this morning. We stopped under a gorgeous old oak tree for a few minutes. It was windy this morning...acorns fall out of oak trees this time of year.  Yep...we got pelleted.   ???   Lol

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

It's been rainy/gloomy most the day....dark gloomy....but the sun's out now...temps falling too. I was checking the mail and chatting with our mailman a few minutes ago.....saw something out of the corner of my eye.....looked up the same time he did as a good size red tail hawk circled above....then whoosh...'mama' came over from the back of the house.....LOL.......big gal.....and they were out hunt'n......a pretty sight  |^|

We get a lot of the hawks around here with the corn fields etc......'meeces' and ground squirrels.....
Jon

LizStreithorst

I went to one way back when the doctors didn't know what carpal tunnel syndrome was.  It was a good 40 years ago.  He didn't help my hands but he make the rest of me move around with more ease.  That silly little tool they use seems to make things to get in better alignment and move with more ease.

Massage can help too, although I haven't had one in years.  I got it from an expert who was visiting a friend.  A  long time later after much physical labor I felt the need one but all they had back then was massage for sex not massage for therapy so I passed.

I understand that acupuncture can help a lot with pain.  Even medical doctors say so.  They are certified in many States these days.  Your back doctor or Chiropractor should be able to recommend a good one. 

Pain sucks.  Try every alternative available.  What's to loose.  If it doesn't work you've just wasted some money on one visit.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Thanks for caring you guys!

So far so good today. I walked more in the hood today than I have in a long time without the back pain and only a tiny bit into my leg. I walked 2 blocks twice!!! Woohoo! I' going to the fair tomorrow and walk around a lot. Then I'll see him again at 3pm. Looking forward to both experiences this time!

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron