• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 09:50:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,334
  • Total Topics: 18,537
  • Online today: 450
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 342
Total: 342

..brings us to Thursday......

Started by Mugwump, May 22, 2014, 06:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....it's beautiful outside, low 50's and a little breeze........coffee's wonderful (another pot started).....supposedly no rain...but radar shows storms in Iowa ????.....Jan's off for the long weekend ;D.....Lots of putz'n, some grilling, some g'kids, maybe a picnic for two ;D....popped the air off and windows wide open...AAaaaahhhhh....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Beautiful yesterday and again today. Forecast for the weekend is more of the same.  Lovin' it.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

..what a pleasant day to kick back on the deck swing and read......relaxing ;D....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Hale, lightning and tornadoe warning to the south. Just hanging out in room with fish looking at some free swimmers gobble up some bbs.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 22, 2014, 04:07:45 PM
Hale, lightning and tornadoe warning to the south. Just hanging out in room with fish looking at some free swimmers gobble up some bbs.

'free swimmers' ???..whatcha got? .whatcha got? .whatcha got? ;D
Jon

wsantia1

Mana x. Picked off a few wigglers and threw them in a 2.5. To my surprise they went free swimming and attacked the bbs as soon as I dropped it in the water.  There are only a few of them tho.  My Smokey P's spawned today on the intake tube. I have to make some moves if the eggs survive overnight.

Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 22, 2014, 04:37:31 PM
Mana x. Picked off a few wigglers and threw them in a 2.5. To my surprise they went free swimming and attacked the bbs as soon as I dropped it in the water.  There are only a few of them tho.  My Smokey P's spawned today on the intake tube. I have to make some moves if the eggs survive overnight.

nice....do grab a bunch if ya can...??
Jon

wsantia1

I am going to try.  They will take care of the eggs until they wiggle and longer. I'll pick a few off then with my rigid tubing.

Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 22, 2014, 04:47:38 PM
I am going to try.  They will take care of the eggs until they wiggle and longer. I'll pick a few off then with my rigid tubing.

*thumbs up* ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

wsantia1

These guys are free swimming 11 days now.  They are supposed to be mana x X mana x but I can swear I see a couple of plat fry in there ??? so I think my plat male may have gotten to the spawn and made a donation. lol.  ;D

This would be possible if the mana x female was het for gold.  We'll see what else pops up.  There is a very small sample size here.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on June 03, 2014, 06:31:04 PM

These guys are free swimming 11 days now.  They are supposed to be mana x X mana x but I can swear I see a couple of plat fry in there ??? so I think my plat male may have gotten to the spawn and made a donation. lol.  ;D

This would be possible if the mana x female was het for gold.  We'll see what else pops up.  There is a very small sample size here.

...LOL..the curse of Neil may actually have a good outcome ???.....BOOMBA!!.... ;D
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on June 03, 2014, 06:39:57 PM

...LOL..the curse of Neil may actually have a good outcome ???.....BOOMBA!!.... ;D

Question Jon, I have a Smokey Paraiba male in that tank too.  I got him from you.  Any chance he could carry a gold gene too?
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on June 03, 2014, 06:44:59 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on June 03, 2014, 06:39:57 PM

Question Jon, I have a Smokey Paraiba male in that tank too.  I got him from you.  Any chance he could carry a gold gene too?

I doubt it, nothing popped up in that spawn....but second generation is starting..we'll find out ;D
Jon