• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 28, 2024, 08:28:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,373
  • Total Topics: 18,549
  • Online today: 338
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 163
Total: 163

Beer

Started by LizStreithorst, November 11, 2012, 04:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I like beer.  My favorite fall and winter beer is made by Lazy Magnolia and is called Southern Pecan.  It's a Mississippi beer!  It won some kind of big deal award.  During the warmer months my favorite is Sapparo.  It's a Japanese beer.  Modello Especail is a Mexican beer that is good any time.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

'Beer'....'nectar of the Gods'.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I call it "the stuff of life" :-[

b125killer

I found in life the best beer is free beer LOL
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on November 11, 2012, 06:29:07 PM
I found in life the best beer is free beer LOL

'OPB'......'other peoples beer'.......LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Frank The Plumber

I like Modello Negro. For a couple of years Mexico was under the crown of Austria, that's why they have a few good beers.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

LizStreithorst

Dang, I never knowed.  Austria, hun?  That 'splains the good beer.  I perefer other dark beers to the Modelo Negro.  I do like the Especial.  In fact, I just finished off a bottle ;D

Frank The Plumber

The Modello has to be enjoyed with a lime. You take it and run it around the rim. It is especially designed to be enjoyed that way.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

LizStreithorst

I'll try that and let you know.

Mugwump

Well you see, Norm, it's like this... A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo and when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive drinking of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers."

from 'Cheers'...LOL
Jon

Jo

Quote from: Mugwump on November 12, 2012, 05:08:37 PM
Well you see, Norm, it's like this... A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo and when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive drinking of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers."

from 'Cheers'...LOL

OMG! and now I know the rest of the story!

I love beer too! Love it most on the beach. I'm more of a whino!
Jo

BallAquatics

Killian's for me please!

Dennis

LizStreithorst

from 'Cheers'...LOL

Finally I've found out why I'm so dang smart :o

sschind

from 'Cheers'...LOL

Its also been proven that drinking ice cold beer on a cold day balances out your inside and outside body temperature resulting in a more comfortable body temperature.  The reason you drink Ice cold beer on a hot day is because... well... what else are you going to do with it.

More words of wisdom from Cliff.
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

Mugwump

Its also been proven that drinking ice cold beer on a cold day balances out your inside and outside body temperature resulting in a more comfortable body temperature.  The reason you drink Ice cold beer on a hot day is because... well... what else are you going to do with it.

More words of wisdom from Cliff.
[/quote]

LOL...old Cliff was full of them.....
Jon