• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 04:51:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,334
  • Total Topics: 18,537
  • Online today: 450
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 327
Total: 328

..Saturday coffee

Started by Mugwump, April 01, 2017, 05:48:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Good morning everyone...

...the coffee is very good this morn'n....cold out, in the 20's...but headed for a high near 60deg's....and no rain... |^|..we could even see the sun  huh...

..a bit of catching up in the fish room this morning.....I need to clean up the hot mags too, plus get a bag inventory...we're low on the med. sized bags...might as well see what else we need before placing an order with Jehmco...

....more coffee
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Morning Jon.

I need to spend some time with the fish today myself.  They have been neglected here of late.

Dennis

Mugwump

..forgot to mention that we got a heavy frost last night.....very heavy.....everything is white ...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Good morning all. Coffee is great. After all day rain yesterday we are supposed to be drying up with temps getting into the 50s. Still cloudy though. Unfortunately for me. I left a little gap in the rear window of my Altima so my rear seat is soaked on one side. huh

Need to get down to the storage unit today and visit with the developer of my new place. There is also putzing that's needed in the fish room.

Another misfortune is that the grinder pump that extracts waste water from my basement bathroom has gone on the fritz. This explains the flooding I had when doing water changes last week.

The motor still purrs so it may be some kind of clog or a float problem. The bad news is that I will probably still need a plumber. There appears to be PVC that will need to be cut to get into the well. I'll have a friend look at it first. Good thing is that there is only fish waste water in the well. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

waterboy

Coffee was good. Labels printed. Today is bag day for the Milwaukee swap tomorrow.  I can pretty much count on bagging fish most of the day today.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

...hot dang......mid 50's already...and the sun is out............SHAZAM !!!

...Jan and her girlfriend went out to some garage sales.....yup....LOL..they're are popping up already.......LOL
Jon

wallace

We are going to mow the lawn today, a seasonal milestone.

I need to clean out one of the water barrels, and either I have to do it late at night after it gets emptied, or pump the water temporarily into a garbage can, clean the barrel, and then pump it back.........  maybe I'll work on taxes instead..lol
Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on April 01, 2017, 12:56:43 PM
We are going to mow the lawn today, a seasonal milestone.

I need to clean out one of the water barrels, and either I have to do it late at night after it gets emptied, or pump the water temporarily into a garbage can, clean the barrel, and then pump it back.........  maybe I'll work on taxes instead..lol

AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......oh no, not yet !!!!!!
Jon

Ron Sower

...good afternoon all y'all...slept late (8am)...then coffee on deck and stream of neighbors stop and chat...granddaughter's here from Tacoma...went to late Mariner/Rockies game last night in which the Mariners blew a 5-0 lead for a 5-5 tie...dummies...

....heading out to the Greek restaurant for lunch in a few minutes...then tonight downtown Florence for a battle of the bands...It's kinda a precursor or lead in to Country Thunder the 5th-10th of April,,,during which time we'll probably hibernate here because the roads will be terrible with an influx of thousands...at least that's what we're told...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I finally got so ashamed of myself that I decided to do my little project this afternoon and call Mr. Sharp Monday and ask him to come put everything back in place.  My 18 volt DeWalt battery wouldn't take a charge.  I remember reading something a long time ago about putting batteries in the freezer to rejuvenate them so I looked it up.  I found this  http://www.contractortalk.com/f40/freezing-batteries-86223/  My battery is now in the freezer.  I hope it heals itself by morning.

I guess I'll go down and squeeze sponges.  It's another chore I generally put off too long.
Always move forward. Never look back.