• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 02:48:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 836
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 835
Total: 835

Water changes and new 'mag'...

Started by Mugwump, August 21, 2016, 11:59:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...water changes done, moved fry to 55...moved most the 'het' pb marbles to a 75gal, others in a 55gal with blue marbles/zebra/silvers....now to just let em start pairing up.....lots of bickering already too  |^|...koi moved to a 50T...misc marbles to the 130gal...I'll move a few 'het' pb marbles in with the 'het' pb zebras after the 'dust' settles..... |^|

...opened the new filter....wow, fewer parts by far !!!!  |^|.....I prep'd it for the polishing cartridge.....put the suction cups on...plugged it in and whoosh...it started right up....so far, I'm pretty impressed....fewer parts = easier assembly = easier cleaning.....SHAZAM !!!....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wallace

I have never had a HOT mag. Do you guys use them temporarily on a tank that needs polishing, with the micron cart or diatom... or leave them running constantly? And would you use these internal ones the same way? Mine should be here Tuesday.
Dan

LizStreithorst

I haven't tried one of the new ones.  I have a ton of the old ones.  Everyone here but me has a few and moves them from tank to tank.  I have mostly large tanks and I leave them running 24/7 except for feeding time.  I've never done the diatom thing although I understand that it diatoms do a better job.  I use the micron filters and have been happy with them.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 21, 2016, 02:58:05 PM
I haven't tried one of the new ones.  I have a ton of the old ones.  Everyone here but me has a few and moves them from tank to tank.  I have mostly large tanks and I leave them running 24/7 except for feeding time.  I've never done the diatom thing although I understand that it diatoms do a better job.  I use the micron filters and have been happy with them.

yep, that's pretty much it....I leave one running on the 130 most the time, but move the others around.....I do use the media basket too...either full of floss and using the sleeve, or with floss/carbon....I think mostly tho I'm like Liz and use the micron cartridges......

I'm looking forward to trying the diatom powder with it....I do have Diatom filters that I run from time to time also.....filters to a micron and really polishes the water....

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on August 21, 2016, 03:11:49 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 21, 2016, 02:58:05 PM

yep, that's pretty much it....I leave one running on the 130 most the time, but move the others around.....I do use the media basket too...either full of floss and using the sleeve, or with floss/carbon....I think mostly tho I'm like Liz and use the micron cartridges......

I'm looking forward to trying the diatom powder with it....I do have Diatom filters that I run from time to time also.....filters to a micron and really polishes the water....

I just use them with the micron cartridges. I did use one as an HOB with the media basket. It worked really well until the basket collapsed because I didn't have any media in it. lol

It was also difficult to worked with because I had it on a lower tank against a wall. Poor planning and execution. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.