• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 22, 2024, 03:34:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,363
  • Total Topics: 18,545
  • Online today: 803
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 769
Total: 769

Saturday morn'n coffee....

Started by Mugwump, May 13, 2017, 06:01:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..morn'n all....coffee's very, very good.... |^|....

....48 degs now and headed up to near 80  |^|....with some light rain passing through this morn'n.....spring is heating up finally.....let's hope it stays moderate and doesn't vault right to summer temps....

...mostly some fish room stuff for me this morning....then  huh....nothing's planned...

...more coffee now.... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Morning Jon.  Great day on tap here too.  Clear and sunny with highs in the mid 70's.

Grass to mow out at Mom's and here at the house.  Probably work on the bike too, time permitting.

Dennis

Mugwump

Pot #2 almost gone..... 8)   oddly I feel like one of those early naps..... huh   perhaps later tho...

I think I'll clean and hose off the AC unit today.....just to have it ready....might be mid/upper 80's most of next week... huh....and the key word is 'humid'......blah...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

Nice morning here. Gotta get out in the garage and go thru the fish room I bought 3 or 4 months ago. There is around 40 tanks and 15 boxes of stuff just stacked in there. A member of the club passed away and his daughter called me to come get his fish room, because she knew I was always trading with him. She wouldn't take anything for it, but I put 500 dollars in a envelope on her table before I left.  I know there is a 125 gal. theres  a ap40 air pump lots of 20 gal. longs.... Been working so much just now getting around to seeing whats there.

Ron Sower

...starting out at 80 here this morning...it'll get to high 90s later today...

...going to do a little GSAS membership work this morning...then pick up Dean and go to see some of the ponds on the list that George sent me....after that, it's off to the Rivulins meeting tonight.....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

It threatened rain here for a bit but it was an empty threat.  I didn't work on the chicken house after work today.  I know what my poor old body can do.  The fact that my body has set the limits on what I can do is an insult to my mind.  My body will be ready for 4 hours tomorrow.

Always move forward. Never look back.

wallace

I just learned something. A mower engine is like a car engine. If you take the oil cap off while its running, a fine spray of oil goes right in your face. Yep.
Dan

LizStreithorst

Quote from: wallace on May 13, 2017, 07:42:59 PM
I just learned something. A mower engine is like a car engine. If you take the oil cap off while its running, a fine spray of oil goes right in your face. Yep.

That actually made me laugh big and long.  Even smart people do stupid things that even I know not to do.  Whatever were you thinking?

wallace

I thought... Its a mower, maybe it won't do that. The battery is kind of weak and I knew it needed about 1/3 cup of oil like it always does, so I didn't want to shut it off and risk having to get out the damn jumper cables again.
Dan

LizStreithorst

Do you think that your poor hard working mower might need a ring job or at least a dose of STP?

wallace

There is an old fart in town that works on small engines. I think sometimes he thinks he has finished working on something when he hasn't done anything. The mower was belching smoke so I took it in and he sorta-maybe-kinda replaced a seal that was supposed to fix it. Got home and it was the same. He hardly charges any money at all so its not the money its just a pain in the fisteris to trailer it into town.
Dan

LizStreithorst

Surely you could do it yourself?

wallace

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 13, 2017, 08:43:44 PM

I would rather stick pins in my eyes. (I have always wanted to say that after Jack Nicholson said it in the movie).

I really don't like working on engines any more than I have to.
Dan

BallAquatics

Quote from: wallace on May 13, 2017, 10:51:00 PM

It is definitely an acquired taste.   ;)

Dennis

Ron Sower

Quote from: wallace on May 13, 2017, 10:51:00 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 13, 2017, 08:43:44 PM

I would rather stick pins in my eyes. (I have always wanted to say that after Jack Nicholson said it in the movie).

I'd rather pay because I hate working on cars...I pick up a wrench, look at a car and my knuckles start bleeding!!! wfwf
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron