• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 12:05:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,351
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 872
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 768
Total: 768

Tuesday chow

Started by Mugwump, December 19, 2017, 12:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...we'll cook up some fresh sausage and perhaps have biscuits or French toast....

We just finished off the leftover pot roast for lunch.... |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|..dayam good  ;)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I'm trying something new.  I'm making a steak using the sous vide method.  I was fascinated when I learned this way but the equipment cost several hundred dollars.  I was not hundreds of dollars worth of fascinated.  Then I found out that I could do it in a beer cooler.  I'm excited to find out what I think of the results.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 19, 2017, 01:48:22 PM
I'm trying something new.  I'm making a steak using the sous vide method.  I was fascinated when I learned this way but the equipment cost several hundred dollars.  I was not hundreds of dollars worth of fascinated.  Then I found out that I could do it in a beer cooler.  I'm excited to find out what I think of the results.

Interesting....let us know how it comes out....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

To be honest it was no better nor worse that a pan broiled steak.  Even though the steak came out at a perfect 135 internal temp, and I dried the steak well before I threw it into the sizzling hot cast iron pan it took so long to brown that it cooked to medium well.  I'm not about to go out and buy a blow torch in a can to crisp the outside of my steak.

I still want to experiment with this method for the fun of it.  I'll try with something else.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 19, 2017, 03:13:05 PM
To be honest it was no better nor worse that a pan broiled steak.  Even though the steak came out at a perfect 135 internal temp, and I dried the steak well before I threw it into the sizzling hot cast iron pan it took so long to brown that it cooked to medium well.  I'm not about to go out and buy a blow torch in a can to crisp the outside of my steak.

I still want to experiment with this method for the fun of it.  I'll try with something else.

I was reading where chops/ribs come out better easier than steaks. huh....but you can pull the steaks at rare then pop in the heated skillet....might work?
Jon

LizStreithorst

What you want is a perfect medium rare on the inside and a sizzling brown crust on the outside.  It would take a can of propane, and I don't think it's worth the trouble unless you have an excellent quality steak. 

I'll mess around with it some with different meats.  For now, I'm over it.