• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 01:23:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 646
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 635
Total: 635

Here I go again...

Started by LizStreithorst, January 10, 2017, 07:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I brought what I believe is called a Dark PB Pinoy from the happy hunting ground.  He's very dark and very blue. I brought home an electric blue Blue Silver PS female along with him.  They're good fish.  They did not deserve to be in the happy hunting ground.

I've got them in a breeding tank.  I'm pretty sure that striped is dominant over stripeless, right?  I want to get the PS gene in there.  My other choice is to breed the dark male to a Blue Plat female.  I wouldn't get the PS gene unless it is hiding out in the male which is quite possible.

Please, someone smart, tell me what I might expect the phenotype of the offspring of these potential breedings.  Greek is nice, but it refuses to sink in.  English is better.

God know's how y'all put up with me.  I've been her from the inception and I still ask newbie questions.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 10, 2017, 07:31:25 PM
I brought what I believe is called a Dark PB Pinoy from the happy hunting ground.  He's very dark and very blue. I brought home an electric blue Blue Silver PS female along with him.  They're good fish.  They did not deserve to be in the happy hunting ground.

It's a Pinoy, if really dark, then D/D pb /pb

I've got them in a breeding tank.  I'm pretty sure that striped is dominant over stripeless, right?  I want to get the PS gene in there.  My other choice is to breed the dark male to a Blue Plat female.  I wouldn't get the PS gene unless it is hiding out in the male which is quite possible.

No, both are incomplete dominant......think +/+ or +/S or S/S....

Please, someone smart, tell me what I might expect the phenotype of the offspring of these potential breedings.  Greek is nice, but it refuses to sink in.  English is better.

You will get all Pinoy....'het' for gold and pearl......D/g pb/pb +/p

God know's how y'all put up with me.  I've been her from the inception and I still ask newbie questions.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Back to the happy hunting ground for this pair.  They have spawned 3 times and eaten their eggs each time.  I don't want fish that are too stupid to raise their own kids. 
Always move forward. Never look back.